Search

SFO-ICN-MNL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
SFO-ICN-MNL

Hello All,

I have an upcoming trip to MNL and I am considering OZ instead of my usual SQ - just getting too bored with SQ Y service at the moment.

What can I expect with OZ in Y from SFO-ICN? Is the IFE and catering equal to SQ?

Last edited by kaushik123; Aug 8, 2011 at 11:10 am Reason: Meant to say OZ not OS :-)
Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:59 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
I've recently done both OZ and SQ out of LAX. I'd have to say IMO OZ is definitely in the same league with SQ for long haul Y service.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:46 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Blue; HHonors Gold; Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
I've recently done both OZ and SQ out of LAX. I'd have to say IMO OZ is definitely in the same league with SQ for long haul Y service.
I'm a strong advocate of OZ. However I do NOT think IFE is up to SQ standard. Catering and general service is, however, better than SQ, to my mind
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:54 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
I'd concur with that assessment. AVOD was fine but not as good as SQ. For the catering on OZ I had the steak, and it was a proper genuine real stake. In Y no less. It was a satisfying fulfilling meal and it was clear they must have paid up the caterer a little better than their competitors. And the FA's were awesome at quickly responding to requests. And so cute too
Old Aug 14, 2011, 5:22 am

Programs: OZ D+, BA Silver, IC Royal Plat. Ambassador
As Ethelman mentioned, the IFE is not up to SQ standard, movies are fine, but the TV offerings are poor. So for long OZ flights, I always bring my Ipad fully loaded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.