Wiki Posts
Search

NRT-ICN-LAX-SMF Baggage Transfer

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2011, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
NRT-ICN-LAX-SMF Baggage Transfer

Hello, did a search, but didn't see the exact info I was looking for... so maybe you guys can help me out here.

I booked an award Business/First class ticket for my girlfriend on Asiana, routing NRT-ICN (Biz) ICN-LAX (First). But since there was no award seats from LAX-SMF, so I just simply bought a one way LAX-SMF operating on United.

I've always flew United into LAX, so baggage drop off is right after customs and also UA-International to UA-Domestic is all in Terminal 7/8.

However, I understand that Asiana will arrive in TBIT, will there be a drop off or re-check desk after customs at TBIT?

Also, I presume that my girlfriend can check her luggage all the way to SMF if she presents both the Asiana and United ticket to the agent in Narita?

And lastly, if I remember correctly in NRT, there is a first class check in on the other side of the *gold check in. Can she use the first class check in or will she need to use the business check in line at Asiana counter?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
I'll answer my own question as she just took the flight - Just in case someone in the future encounters this.
She was able to check her luggage all the way to SMF.
She checked in at the Business counter at Asiana in Narita
There was a drop off / recheck luggage after customer in TBIT.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:46 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by smfnrt
I'll answer my own question as she just took the flight - Just in case someone in the future encounters this.
She was able to check her luggage all the way to SMF.
She checked in at the Business counter at Asiana in Narita
There was a drop off / recheck luggage after customer in TBIT.
Thanks for letting us know. And good for me as well, I am at SMF at the moment .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.