Search

(OZ) Re-reouting

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2011, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: MP
(OZ) Re-reouting

Hello,

My employer will be purchasing a ticket for me on OZ (a very, very slight possibility of KE) from ICN to GRB (Either Economy Flexible Class ((Fee to change re-routing)) and/or Full Fare).

I'm located nearby ICN, and my employer always uses a travel agent that seems to purchase non-discounted or full fare airfares (go figure). As I've said, I will most likely be ticked on an OZ ticket (extremely slight chance of KE) from ICN > ORD > GRB.

Since this ticket is prepaid from my employer, I am aware I cannot refund and receive the airfare amount.

Would I be able walk into the OZ office to re-route my itinerary off OZ to other *A partners (i.e., LH or TK) for additional fees, be it due to distance or predetermined OZ policies? OR, would I have to book on OZ code shares (w/o all *A partners).

I've flown with and love OZ, again, they're great, but would like to travel on some other metal.

I'm used to UA in the States, but the OZ webpage isn't the friendliest to navigate, and frankly I'm not used to operating code shares / other *A members on this side of the Pacific.

I'm mainly looking ahead and looking for a stopover somewhere in Europe in the month of December 2011. Again, I don't mind paying a bit here and there for a re-route / code share / different metal.

Thanks for your thoughts and advice in advance.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 8:03 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
If you change the booking after the ticket had been issued the TA will know about this. And this could lead to all sorts of problems within your company. So even if the fare rules allow this (which most probably they don't), you are running a risk of getting questions within your busienss.

The better way to do this would be to influence the decision with your boss and the TA before the ticket is being issued. Not sure how viable this is but it will be much cleaner than trying to do this after the fact.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dirk The Daring
....Would I be able walk into the OZ office to re-route my itinerary off OZ to other *A partners (i.e., LH or TK) for additional fees, be it due to distance or predetermined OZ policies? OR, would I have to book on OZ code shares (w/o all *A partners).....
Any re-routing before departure of your first segment can only be done by issuing agent only. You can ask OZ to re-routing you after you finished your first flight in ORD.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 5:21 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
If you are going to GRB, ORD via OZ is your only real bet. The only other *A flights into GRB is on CO via CLE. As far as routing is concerned, I'm doubting there's much flexibility in the routing to ORD other than possibly adding an additional stop for an itinerary of ICN-SEA/SFO/LAX-ORD-GRB

I doubt a KE/Skyteam itinerary would be cheaper/quicker as you would have to change through a KE north American city to DTW or MSP to get to GRB.

That said, I hope you have a wonderful time in Wisconsin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.