Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Sleeping at ICN Asiana First Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2011, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond

Hi, I will be traveling in F from ICN to LAX in the coming months, but I have an 11 hour layover. I arrive at ICN around 5:05 AM, and depart 4:30 PM, so I'm guessing I'll be pretty tired during this time.

Does anyone know if there are any sleeping rooms in the Asiana F lounge that I could use? I don't mind sprawling out like a bum on a sofa in the lounge or something... but I'd also not want to get kicked out!

Thanks for any information.
Old May 22, 2011, 12:08 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
If you're referring to the main terminal area, there are two rooms you can use at the OZ F lounge. The lounge however doesn't open until 05:50, so you might have to wait around a bit or use the C lounge first. The first sleeping room is directly in front of you as you turn left after entering the doors to the lounge. I prefer this room, though it's quite noisy, so bring some ear plugs and eye shades. The other room is behind the kitchen, next to the showers. This room though just has massage chairs, which if you want a massage are fine, but aren't the greatest for trying to sleep in. Neither of the rooms have proper beds, but for sleeping I think the first room will be the most comfortable.

I've stayed in the F lounge before from opening time till about 16:00 - no problem whatsoever.

Now if you're not flying OZ, but another *A carrier, then you'll likely be directed to the concourse OZ F lounge. In that case, there's only one room that I know of, and it has the massage chairs. Again, staying from early morning till late shouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure what the opening time is for that lounge.
Old May 22, 2011, 2:56 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
As mentioned in another thread, there is a 24 hour Korean sauna in the main terminal where it;s possible to take a rest as well. I haven't used that sauna myself but if it's normal Korean standard I would much prefer that to a lounge.
Old May 22, 2011, 10:46 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
OP could also try a day rate at one of the local hotels around ICN. I stayed at the Hyatt last year for 6 hours for around USD $150, using it for a short nap in a real bed and use of their very nice pool, gym and spa.
Old May 22, 2011, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Thx for all the ideas. I'll probably check out the rooms in the Asiana F lounge first and see if it's doable... I'll be sure to bring ear plugs and eye shades. Not sure I want to go to an actual hotel, but if I get bored maybe I'll check out the spa. Or time permitting I might just take the metro into Seoul for a quick lunch.
Old May 22, 2011, 4:47 pm

Not worth visiting the 'spa.' It's just a public bath with sauna. I have been there a long time ago waiting for a bus to Daegu

Since you are arriving so early and departing late afternoon, it's a perfect to visit Seoul. DMZ tour may be difficult considering your departure time. I'd really suggest that you get into Seoul downtown, visit the palaces, Insadong area, and have nice lunch in the Samchungdong area (all of these are closely located with one another). At 2PM or so, head back to ICN via airport rail from Seoul Station (about 10 minute taxi ride from the Kyongbok Palace/Samchung dong area without traffic). I think the train ride takes about 40 minutes. So, if you leave by 2, you'd arrive by 3PM with ample time to shower and get refreshed in the F lounge before your 4:30PM flight.

Killing time at the airport during day time is really a waste of valuable time, in my humble opinion. More so, if you haven't visited Korea before

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.