Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New business class seats on A330?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2011, 3:51 am
Original Poster

New business class seats on A330?

I was just on an ICN-BKK flight on the A330 that was just delivered in late March (HL7795). I caught a glimpse of the business class section and saw new business class seats that was neither the cocoon seats nor the OZ Quadra Smartium. They looked like the business class seats on the Thai Airways 777-200ER.

Can someone confirm?
Old Apr 29, 2011, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Here is a pic of it.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._6850403_n.jpg

And also the Y class on this A330 are the new seats with the 10.6 inch touchscreen and better UI than the one found on the 747.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 4:02 pm

Odd, so OZ has three different business class hardware. I guess if they are using A333s for their regional routes, it makes sense.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 5:28 pm

The new A333 are going to SEA I think.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 5:33 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Bigger AVOD screen, not sure the seat goes fully flat though... Looks like one of those angle flats where your feet get crushed if you are tall. So not sure the seat is much of an improvement.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stupidhead
The new A333 are going to SEA I think.
When I flew this aircraft from ICN to BKK, the plane just completed the SEA to ICN leg. I also know on some days it does ICN to NRT as well.
Old May 14, 2011, 11:20 am

Programs: Asia Miles, Skypass
i still don't get why asiana didn't put new economy seats (w/ 10.6 IFE screens) on the 777's that got the new quadra seat.
Old May 14, 2011, 10:17 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by thekidisback
i still don't get why asiana didn't put new economy seats (w/ 10.6 IFE screens) on the 777's that got the new quadra seat.
Because it would have cost a lot of money?
Old May 15, 2011, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Because it would have cost a lot of money?
Fair enough but how bout their stupid decision to not put the new Y on the 3-class 777s? Then to put them on probably one of the most premium routes in their network (i.e. you don't want to piss these people off) where the competitor (KE) offers lie-flat beds and brand-new Y? Frankly I think they should have gotten 77Ws instead-a much more capable plane and they could do a lot more futzing around with the configuration.

OZ has pretty much ignored Y recently (no more amenity kits either) and this is basically driving me into SQ's open arms.
Old May 15, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Blue; HHonors Gold; Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by stupidhead
Fair enough but how bout their stupid decision to not put the new Y on the 3-class 777s? Then to put them on probably one of the most premium routes in their network (i.e. you don't want to piss these people off) where the competitor (KE) offers lie-flat beds and brand-new Y? Frankly I think they should have gotten 77Ws instead-a much more capable plane and they could do a lot more futzing around with the configuration.

OZ has pretty much ignored Y recently (no more amenity kits either) and this is basically driving me into SQ's open arms.
sorry, what new Y class?
Old May 15, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: Asia Miles, Skypass
Originally Posted by ethelman
sorry, what new Y class?
NEW Y Class (that's on 747's, some A330's)

http://www.designverb.com/wp-content...garound_01.jpg

this is what economy looks like in their newest A321

http://img.koreatimes.co.kr/upload/n...p13_asiana.jpg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.