Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ICN First Class Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2011, 9:11 am

Programs: UA/AA
Upon check-in for F on OZ 221 JFK-ICN today , I am informed that I am welcome to use the business class lounge in ICN because my onward flight is in I due to the fact that they dont offer F. This is a truly lame policy considering I am flying on an F ticket for all my other segments on this itinerary. Hope the onboard experience overcomes this deficit on the ground. Oh well, such is life.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by Paiteaw
Upon check-in for F on OZ 221 JFK-ICN today , I am informed that I am welcome to use the business class lounge in ICN because my onward flight is in I due to the fact that they dont offer F. This is a truly lame policy considering I am flying on an F ticket for all my other segments on this itinerary. Hope the onboard experience overcomes this deficit on the ground. Oh well, such is life.
Welcome to OZ, everywhere except ICN it seems OZ uses a lackluster contract lounge. Crappy lounges but decent seating and IFE and service and catering.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 8:16 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by Paiteaw
Upon check-in for F on OZ 221 JFK-ICN today , I am informed that I am welcome to use the business class lounge in ICN because my onward flight is in I due to the fact that they dont offer F.
I'll be on the same JFK-ICN flight later this year, also with a same-day connection in I from ICN. I definitely intend to use the First Class lounge in ICN - isn't that a Star Alliance policy about same-day F boarding pass?
Old Apr 14, 2011, 10:51 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by airoli
I'll be on the same JFK-ICN flight later this year, also with a same-day connection in I from ICN. I definitely intend to use the First Class lounge in ICN - isn't that a Star Alliance policy about same-day F boarding pass?
No. Not anymore. The rule changed long time ago. No more same day departure rule, it is now restricted to departure airport basis. If you want to use F lounge in ICN, you have to fly F out of ICN.

On the other hand, as a general rule of thumb, if you are connecting from OZ F to OZ C which does not have F service, they will generally let you into F lounge.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
isn't that a Star Alliance policy about same-day F boarding pass?
Why not have a look of the star alliance policy yourself ?

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/

International First Class Customers: Customers have access to International First Class1 and/or any Star Alliance member carriers' own lounges.

Customer must present a boarding card for the same day travel in international First Class on a Star Alliance flight
Customer must be departing from the local airport in International First Class
Customer is entitled to one guest

As far as I aware, this policy had been in place for more than 2 years !
Old Apr 15, 2011, 2:43 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by usoftie
That spicy pasta is pretty good.
+1

I luv this pasta
Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:49 am

Interesting - thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll try to nicely ask for F lounge access, as indeed I'm on an F class ticket but that particular OZ leg out of ICN does not offer F.
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Why not have a look of the star alliance policy yourself ?!
I actually did that, looking at the very page you indicated except I looked at its German version which, I notice now, is less precisely worded. It merely states that to get F class access, you need to be on an international F Class flight the same day, not necessarily from the same airport.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It merely states that to get F class access, you need to be on an international F Class flight the same day, not necessarily from the same airport.
Did you read what I bolded quote from the site ?

Customer must present a boarding card for the same day travel in international First Class on a Star Alliance flight
Customer must be departing from the local airport in International First Class
Customer is entitled to one guest

You can say whatever you want, but that is the reality me and many other experienced. It is also the memo all the *A F lounges got. Just like 2 years ago when flying HKG-ICN in C then ICN-ORD in F, I was denied in UA IFL in HKG as there was no F for HKG-ICN.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Apr 15, 2011 at 9:58 am
Old Apr 23, 2011, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Did you read what I bolded quote from the site ?
Yes, I did. Did you read my statement that the German version of the same page has different wording?

You can say whatever you want, but that is the reality me and many other experienced.
Well, I am happy to say that I am posting this from the OZ First lounge in ICN, where I was admitted without questions or issues based on my incoming OZ F boarding pass with onwards connection on OZ C (on a 2-class aircraft). :-:
Old Apr 23, 2011, 5:16 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I actually did that, looking at the very page you indicated except I looked at its German version which, I notice now, is less precisely worded. It merely states that to get F class access, you need to be on an international F Class flight the same day, not necessarily from the same airport.
The German version has exactly the same wording as far as I can tell:

Passagiere müssen eine gültige Bordkarte für einen internationalen Star Alliance Flug vorweisen können, dessen Abflug noch am selben Tag
und vom selben Flughafen aus stattfindet.
But as you experienced, OZ (like many other airlines) will accept an incoming F boarding pass for their own lounge. Glad it worked out for ou.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
The German version has exactly the same wording as far as I can tell
No, notice how the English quote expressly mentions departing from local airport in International First Class whereas the German version just says any Star Alliance flight from the same airport, the same say.

Either way, it worked well and I am happy. Thanks again!
Old Apr 24, 2011, 5:56 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
No, notice how the English quote expressly mentions departing from local airport in International First Class whereas the German version just says any Star Alliance flight from the same airport, the same say.
I don't get the difference between the two versions, sorry. The German version says
- you must be a passenger of international first class (Passagiere der Internationalen First Class)
- with a boarding pass for an international Star Alliance flight (Passagiere müssen eine gültige Bordkarte für einen internationalen Star Alliance Flug vorweisen können,)
- from the same airport (vom selben Flughafen aus stattfindet)
- on the same day (dessen Abflug noch am selben Tag)

So if you have a boarding pass from another airport, you can't get in. If you are not traveling in international first you can't get in. And if you are not traveling on *A you can't get in. Its the same as in the English version as far as I can tell and French and Spanish seem to be the same as well.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I am happy to say that I am posting this from the OZ First lounge in ICN, where I was admitted without questions or issues based on my incoming OZ F boarding pass with onwards connection on OZ C (on a 2-class aircraft). :-:
The onward connection only has 2 class is irrelvant, the more important thing is you are coming from OZ F and using OZ lounge, if it is any lounge other than OZ, or if you are not arriving with OZ F, I can bet the outcome would be different.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Last year I had an all-F itinerary, JFK-ICN-PVG-ICN-JFK. OZ pulled an aircraft switch almost at the last minute to cause ICN-PVG to be 2-class with C only. The F lounge at ICN did not open until 3+ hours after the JFK-ICN arrival, but after it opened at 7am, I was welcomed in.

YMMV, since JFK-ICN has now been retimed to arrive in the afternoon.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 9:20 pm

I have these upcoming flights:

LAX > ICN in F
ICN > PVG in Y

It sounds like I will be permitted access to the F lounge based on my inbound F flight, but not sure if the fact that my next departure is in Y jeopardizes that? I have no *A status.

Thanks for your help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.