Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ICN First Class Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2011, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE (2008-2013), SPG Platinum (06-NOW)
ICN First Class Lounge Access

First of all, forgive me for asking a silly question......
I have a few hours layover at ICN on my flight from Munich to Singapore in a next couple of weeks.
MUC - ICN on LH F
connecting to SQ603 on Business as SQ does not have F on this flight.

My question is if I will be granted access to the Asiana first class lounge at ICN with my SQ603 Business Class BP and a 'used' LH718 First Class BP?

I am an AC SE *Gold which doesn't matter in this case I think...

Last edited by mraquinas; Mar 23, 2011 at 2:54 pm
Old Mar 23, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, LH SEN, Mariott Titanium
No... unfortunately only OZ C lounge. But the C lounge is pretty nice as well, food is not as nice and less offerings as well as not the "higher label" booze.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA/AA
I have a similar question except I am flying on Asiana in F to ICN then continuing on Asiana in C. Which lounge can I use during a brief layover ?
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:41 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by Paiteaw
I have a similar question except I am flying on Asiana in F to ICN then continuing on Asiana in C. Which lounge can I use during a brief layover ?
If it's longhaul to short/med haul and you were an OZ F pax, I believe you may still be eligible for the OZ F lounge.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 11:56 pm

Yes, it is a long haul flight connecting to a regional flight which does not have F service. All on OZ.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE (2008-2013), SPG Platinum (06-NOW)
The reason I am asking is that my understanding of Asiana Lounge at ICN are actually are an OZ aka *A lounges, therefore should be abide by *A rules. The rules are clearly explained that '*A First Class Lounge' access are given to those passangers holding a First Class *A BP within the 24 hours period.
What happen are in both cases for 'Patiauw' and myself, the First Class BP flew from our state of origin are within the 24 hours period and connecting to a regional flight that have no First class.

The question is are we included into those mentioned *A First Class passengers holding a *A BP within the 24 hours?

Last edited by mraquinas; Mar 24, 2011 at 8:22 am
Old Apr 5, 2011, 1:24 pm

Does anyone have any experience or know how Asiana handles this scenario ?
The layover is just a couple of hours at ICN. Thanks.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold 0.5 MM; BA Silver
Originally Posted by mraquinas
The reason I am asking is that my understanding of Asiana Lounge at ICN are actually are an OZ aka *A lounges, therefore should be abide by *A rules. The rules are clearly explained that '*A First Class Lounge' access are given to those passangers holding a First Class *A BP within the 24 hours period.
What happen are in both cases for 'Patiauw' and myself, the First Class BP flew from our state of origin are within the 24 hours period and connecting to a regional flight that have no First class.

The question is are we included into those mentioned *A First Class passengers holding a *A BP within the 24 hours?
I believe these rules changed. I think *A modified their rules to state that you must be departing in F from the local airport to get access to a *A carriers F lounge under *A rules. Last year I was departing ICN in UA F and got access to the lounge no problem.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 6:48 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I did a trip MUC-ICN in LH F to connect to UA C, and they would only allow me the C side.
Biggest problem is that there are very few sockets in the C lounge.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:17 pm

Programs: *G
Does anyone have any experience or know how Asiana handles this scenario ?
The layover is just a couple of hours at ICN. Thanks.
OZ F lounge.

Originally Posted by gbsfo
I believe these rules changed. I think *A modified their rules to state that you must be departing in F from the local airport to get access to a *A carriers F lounge under *A rules. Last year I was departing ICN in UA F and got access to the lounge no problem.
+1 ^

FYI, I don't even bother going into OZ C lounge anymore. Food is just utterly bad. I just use my priority pass to access Hub Lounge and Korean Air Lounge in Concourse A.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by mraquinas

The regional flight have no first class or even 3 class plane but sold as 2 class are irrevelvant, it is whatever your boarding pass said, which is business class, not first class.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:40 am

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by lee_apromise
OZ F lounge.

+1 ^

FYI, I don't even bother going into OZ C lounge anymore. Food is just utterly bad. I just use my priority pass to access Hub Lounge and Korean Air Lounge in Concourse A.
When is the last time you used the OZ C lounge. Around October last year their catering in the C lounge improved substantially and I think in between meal times KE has a little better selection, but around meal times OZ's is pretty good and their food quality is now better than KE's.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 5:52 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Just to be clear, you may want to specify which OZ C lounge you're referring to. When the concourse first opened, and OZ opened their new lounges in the main terminal as well as in the concourse, I would have said the food was roughly equivalent between the two C lounges.

Later on though, they greatly improved the concourse C lounge. Perhaps not so much in the quality of the food, but in having the full selection, including the hot food, available most of the day. Prior to that, it was only available in a few very small windows of time during the day, meaning at any other time the food would have been considered awful due to only snacks being available.

When the OZ C lounge in the concourse updated their food, the one in the main terminal did not. So I'm wondering if they now did (ie. have hot food available all, or most of the day), or if they still have the very limited hours but improved the food they do have.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 7:41 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by ande777emt
When is the last time you used the OZ C lounge. Around October last year their catering in the C lounge improved substantially and I think in between meal times KE has a little better selection, but around meal times OZ's is pretty good and their food quality is now better than KE's.
I was in OZ Concouse C lounge in FEB and MAR 2011. For breakfast, it's always the same for years. Spring rolls, abalone soup and another I can't remember. For salad, it's always spicy pasta, shredded lettuce and others. Fridge temperature is still not cold enough.

Bodyshop products are gone in the shower rooms as well, now we have Dove products.

Seriously it went
Old Apr 8, 2011, 11:03 pm

That spicy pasta is pretty good. Also the pad thai (although that went very fast). Agreed on remote terminal club having food more of the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.