Wiki Posts
Search

Website Makeover

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2010, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ D+, BA Silver, IC Royal Plat. Ambassador
Website Makeover

This probably has nothing to do with the previous topic on Flyertalk on Asianas website being one of the worst around, but they have finally given the English version a makeover.

Just had a quick look through, and I am having a smoother experience with the flight search and booking functions, but otherwise there are not many new functions to be happy about. Seems to be a visual thing mostly.

They are still a long way off having the same site as the Koreans in Korea enjoy, which is what I am eventually hoping for. Foreigners in Korea being able to spend their miles in the same way as Koreans etc...

Anyway, any improvement over what they had before is a good thing, and if anyone else finds anything useful, be sure to post.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 2:51 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Thanks for posting. The new look is indeed a bit nicer. And I can't find any new functionality either.
Only some bugs: The Upgrade/Maintaining section is all in Korean.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Seems like the website has been down all day Sunday. Anyone else having problems?
Old Nov 15, 2010, 2:54 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
This was in the news section the other day. Does anyone have some more details?

Improvement of Mileage Seats Information Service

Information about seats which can be purchases with miles will be available for 15 days at the Asiana Club website. The reservation status is marked in three colors, indicating "Good", "Average" and "Difficult", to aid the understanding of users. The information is currently updated on a daily basis, but the update cycle will be shortened so that users can access seat information more easily and quickly. The new system will be implemented as soon as the system change is completed.
This almost sounds like online award booking. But knowing Asiana it will be implemented on the Korean website first (for two years), will only be for departures from Korea and actually only shows you the seats but you still need to call and can't book online.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 4:21 pm

It takes a long time to load the booking page.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 4:05 am

Sounds like a typical Korean website-all flash, zero function. And completely & utterly useless.

Last edited by stupidhead; Nov 21, 2010 at 3:14 pm
Old Nov 21, 2010, 1:49 pm

WHY CAN'T I LOG-IN TO MY ASIANA CLUB ACCOUNT?!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 6:13 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stupidhead
Sounds like a typical Korean website-all flash, zero function. And completely & utterly useless.
It's not worse than before. ^

Originally Posted by hairpeace
Because your forgot your password? Seriously, it works for me with no problems. You need to tell the system whether you are locking in with your username or your card number.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ D+, BA Silver, IC Royal Plat. Ambassador
Originally Posted by hairpeace
Also, they are very picky on caps... Just a thought.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Because your forgot your password? Seriously, it works for me with no problems. You need to tell the system whether you are locking in with your username or your card number.
If you must, the entire Asiana site went down around the same time I was trying to log-in (or shortly thereafter).

No problems "locking" in now...
Old Jan 24, 2011, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Is Cambodia no longer in SE Asia?

After fooling around with the site for a bit I can't find any way to price a fare exPNH. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:22 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Is Cambodia no longer in SE Asia?

After fooling around with the site for a bit I can't find any way to price a fare exPNH. Any help would be appreciated.
Unfortunately, OZ still doesn't get it with respect to making a decent website for foreigners / people outside of Korea. AFAIK, there's no way to book tickets from Cambodia as well as several other countries from their website, and from some countries they only allow booking tickets to ICN and no further.

One option is to use Expedia, or some other such website, but the prices you get might not be the greatest. What I've done in the past is to call the local Asiana office (in your case, meaning the PNH OZ office) and make a reservation over the phone. I can then pay for the ticket at any Asiana office, and if the office isn't in the originating country, pay a 30,000 KRW fee for having the transaction sent to purchasing country, and then pick up my ticket in that country when I'm ready to fly. I haven't tried this from Cambodia, but have from the Philippines. A lot of the Asiana ticketing agents though don't seem to be up to speed on this, so even if it's doable you might run into some resistance. The last time I did this, I was told to mention that I'm paying for a "prepaid ticket advice" and will pick up the ticket in the originating country. So if you attempt that, mention some words along those lines and see if they ring any bells with the agent.

Are you going to ICN or beyond? I know in some cases if going just to ICN they may allow it to be ticketed and paid for by calling the Korea Asiana number. I've done that before. It depends though on what their policies are for the country of origin, and being I've never flow OZ to/from Cambodia, I have no idea of their policies there. If purchasing a single ticket for travel beyond ICN, then the chances of you being able to complete the transaction via phone with OZ Korea becomes much more unlikely.

Of course the other option would be to buy from a Cambodian travel agent, which might end up being the cheapest. I know when I flew TG ex-PNH, that was the cheapest ticket, even compared to buying direct from TG. But chances are that would be difficult to impossible if you're not in Cambodia and can physically go to the travel agent, or have some pre-established relationship with a travel agent there.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by A_Lee

Of course the other option would be to buy from a Cambodian travel agent, which might end up being the cheapest. I know when I flew TG ex-PNH, that was the cheapest ticket, even compared to buying direct from TG. But chances are that would be difficult to impossible if you're not in Cambodia and can physically go to the travel agent, or have some pre-established relationship with a travel agent there.
The TG website tends to bring up prices equitable with TA's here in PNH. But that's an aside.

I'm just trying to get prices for several destinations to use as a guide, nothing terribly important really. It just struck me as odd that OZ would not allow pricing from one of their destinations.

Thanks for the info... I'm astounded at how difficult OZ makes their website.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 4:16 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dsquared37
The TG website tends to bring up prices equitable with TA's here in PNH. But that's an aside.

I'm just trying to get prices for several destinations to use as a guide, nothing terribly important really. It just struck me as odd that OZ would not allow pricing from one of their destinations.

Thanks for the info... I'm astounded at how difficult OZ makes their website.
For Australia you can only get a price from SYD to ICN. Thats it. Nothing else. It is still the worst airline website on the planet.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 4:59 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
For Australia you can only get a price from SYD to ICN. Thats it. Nothing else. It is still the worst airline website on the planet.
It's the same for South East Asia. It's like they're purposely saying "Bank with us for easy Star Gold, cross your fingers you might be able to use the miles one day, but we're not too keen on selling you a ticket from A to B via ICN".

Interestingly, their US site gives you the option of destinations in the various continents, but then only finds you the flight to ICN and return, and the search results look like they've been taken directly from Expedia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.