Wiki Posts
Search

SGN connection time

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan Elite; SPG Platinum
SGN connection time

I am planning to fly DAD-SGN-BKK in one day. The DAD-SGN flight is on Vietnam Airlines and arrives in SGN at 14:50. The SGN-BKK flight is on Air Asia and departs at 17:55.

Is 3h05m enough to connect in SGN? I realize that I need to switch terminals.

If that isn't enough, is 3h50m enough? There is a SGN-BKK flight at 18:40 on Bangkok Airways, although it is about double the price.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:48 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
It's plenty of time from the point of view of the airport which I've always found efficient.

VNA domestic flights do sometimes pick up delays. If it's late enough for you to miss the 17:55, there's a good chance it's sufficiently bad for you to miss the 18:40 as well.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 3:53 pm

Woah, SGN. I thought it said SIN. Sorry!

Last edited by CrazyInteg; Jul 14, 2009 at 2:22 pm
Old Jul 7, 2009, 5:14 pm

You can walk between the terminals in 5 minutes. No need to take the bus. If for some reason you miss both flights, there's also a Thai flight at 21:00, and on certain nights of the week, Lufthansa (SUN/TUE/FRI) and Air France (Tue/Thur/Sat/Sun) also fly SGN-BKK.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 3:25 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat
I'm thinking of booking a connection in SGN. ICN-SGN (OZ) then SGN-SIN (SQ). Will I need to go through immigration or can I just stay in the terminal and walk to the SQ gate similar to a US domestic connection? What's the minimum time you would allow for this?
Old Jul 5, 2011, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by seratonin7
I'm thinking of booking a connection in SGN. ICN-SGN (OZ) then SGN-SIN (SQ). Will I need to go through immigration or can I just stay in the terminal and walk to the SQ gate similar to a US domestic connection? What's the minimum time you would allow for this?
You'll remain airside and won't go through immigration. The terminal is small. You can walk from one end to the other in less than 10 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.