FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia-460/)
-   -   Prior to 2022: Visa / VOA Info for Vietnam (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/804256-prior-2022-visa-voa-info-vietnam.html)

MapleLeafss Feb 3, 2019 9:08 am

Originally Posted by maverick17 (Post 30730761)

Hard to say. There was a post in another thread (Ask us about VN iirc) where a week or two ago one person applied simultaneous to a spouse, one took a few hours and the other one took 8 days.

Also similar for me. My wife's e-visa was issued in one day, but mine took over a week (applied within 5mins of each other). No apparent reason, so just don't leave it too tight.

samplat Feb 3, 2019 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by maverick17 (Post 30730761)

Hard to say. There was a post in another thread (Ask us about VN iirc) where a week or two ago one person applied simultaneous to a spouse, one took a few hours and the other one took 8 days.

Had a similar experince.

Applied in the following order, one after another: self, spouse, child 1, child 2.

Approvals came in reverse order and varying intervals: child2 & child 1(same day, about 12 hours later), spouse(2 days later), me (3 days later).

percysmith Feb 4, 2019 9:10 am

Originally Posted by percysmith (Post 30636439)
I'm going to try next month

But I thought form and photo were if you're doing VOA

eVisa has same procedure as consulate-obtained visa (entry card still required)?

Update 4/2
Evisa approved 2 months before
No arrival card
But (SGN) when we got to the immigration desk we were brought to the VOA office, to have our evisa stamped (cut queue) before having to queue for the immigration desk again.

maverick17 Feb 4, 2019 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by rbAA (Post 30693942)
My recent entry into Vietnam at DAD with an evisa required a little time in the VOA line as apparently they need to "verify" the evisa

Originally Posted by percysmith (Post 30738038)
But (SGN) when we got to the immigration desk we were brought to the VOA office, to have our evisa stamped (cut queue) before having to queue for the immigration desk again.

Thanks for the update. Two reports of this now at two different airports.

rajhyd99 Feb 11, 2019 8:25 am

I have applied for E-Visa 10 day back and its still says in process. Can we visit when e-Visa is still in process and they will grant at airport based on E-Visa or new visa will be granted or its not allowed to travel without E-Visa approved

maverick17 Feb 11, 2019 9:21 am

Originally Posted by rajhyd99 (Post 30764497)
I have applied for E-Visa 10 day back and its still says in process. Can we visit when e-Visa is still in process and they will grant at airport based on E-Visa or new visa will be granted or its not allowed to travel without E-Visa approved

The last ten days has coincided with the Tet vacation. Most likely it has been delayed due to the holiday. As far as I know, the visa must be issued before you get there for immigration purposes. However, because the airlines need to see you can enter the country, in effect you have to have it at the airport for the airline to let you board the flight. When is your trip? Worst case is you get VOA if your passport is eligible. That can be had in a day or two, or even a few hours for a fee.

IncaTrails Feb 11, 2019 9:22 pm

I'm on the same boat...applied on the 4th and application still "In Processing". I fly over the 18th so for my sanity I paid for an Invitation Letter. You can check out MyVietnamVisaPro--I've used in the past (2016 to be exact) and its only $12. I prefer to pay that to play it safe than mess up the trip.

r3cycle19 Feb 12, 2019 10:27 pm

I applied for a evisa on the 9th and received mine on the 12th.

Diplomatico Feb 13, 2019 9:44 am

Obtaining Vietnamese business visa

Does anyone have any experience in obtaining a one year, multiple entry business visa for Vietnam? Online research seems to indicate that one must go through one of the VOA "tour operators" but several of the websites I checked don't seem to offer the option to obtain one (even though the websites list the business visas.....the dropdown menus don't allow that option.)

I've tried emailing the VN embassy in San Francisco but no reply. Interested in knowing the cost and the lead time to obtain, as well as the actual process for doing so. Thanks.

beachboy1966 Feb 18, 2019 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by beachboy1966 (Post 30721585)
Many thanks for the update!
So I now have two (2) issued E-Visa's and will be entering HAN on Feb 11 / exiting Feb 13 and re-entering HAN Feb 16 / exiting Feb 18. As a back-up have a VOA invitation letter in case one of the E-Visa's has somehow been invalidated.
Will update how I go....

So for me 2 back-to-back E-Visas worked for entry / exits in Hanoi! As per my previous i applied and had issued 2 x E-Visas. I traveled on an Australian passport.
I entered HAN on the first E-Visa 11 Feb exited 13 Feb, entered HAN on second E-Visa 16 Feb exited 18 Feb.
Absolutely no issues at customs, went directly to Immigration and was processed and through within a few minutes on both occasions.
So for any other of you taking advantage of the Cathay Pacific "special" First Class fare, E-Visa is a great and simple option.

maverick17 Feb 21, 2019 6:51 am

Lawyers provide. Check your dm's.

maverick17 Feb 21, 2019 7:00 am

Another 35 countries have been added to the e-visa eligibility list. Total is now up to 81 countries. Wiki updated referring to this post. Govt website is inaccessible for me now, will update link in wiki to official list when possible (or anyone else who can access, feel free).
1. Austria
2. Iceland
3. Belgium
4. Portugal
5. Bosnia and Herzegovina
6. Brazil
7. Qatar
8. Andorra
9. Liechtenstein
10. Monaco
11. Croatia
12. Estonia
13. Fiji
14. Georgia
15. Latvia
16. Lithiuania
17. Malta
18. Macedonia
19. Micronesia
20. Mexico
21. Moldova
22. Montenegro
23. Nauru
24. Palau
25. Papua New Guinea
26. Marshall Islands
27. Salomon Islands
28. San Marino
29. Cyprus
30. Switzerland
31, China (applicable to Hong Kong and Macau passport holders)
32. Vanuatu
33. Western Samoa
34. Serbia
35. Slovenia.

s0ssos Feb 21, 2019 6:00 pm

To above: unfortunately not good news to us Americans

percysmith Feb 21, 2019 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos (Post 30807357)
To above: unfortunately not good news to us Americans

USA has always been on list since Vietnam started the evisa system

The only better status you can get is if you're from a visa exempt country like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_p...Visa_exemption . I envy my British Citizen friends.

s0ssos Feb 21, 2019 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith (Post 30807470)
USA has always been on list since Vietnam started the evisa system

I didn't realize this was just the "evisa" you do online. I thought it was visa-exempt. For most Western Europeans countries it seems that is the case, as well as most of Asia (not China for obvious reasons)