Search

Taiwan ATM situation?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2005, 8:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Taiwan ATM situation?

Traveling to TPE soon and am wondering if it might be smart to pick up a hundred bucks in Taiwan currency for the cab ride to the airport. Are there ATMs that are Westerner-friendly at TPE? How about the rest of Taiwan? Thanks!
Old May 22, 2005, 9:52 am

Programs: AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF, AG... you get the picture
never tried at the airport, but there are Plus machines pretty much everywhere you go, at least in the cities... far better than getting ripped off by a cash forex. I'd assume that you should be able to find a machine at the airport no different than on the streets of Taipei.
Old May 22, 2005, 3:16 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I was in TPE last month and took out some cash upon arrival, to pay for the limousine transfer to Taipeh, which is purchased at a counter where they still do not accept credit cards.

I had no problem whatsoever using ATMs in Taipeh.
Old May 22, 2005, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
There are ATMs at TPE which accept (IME) UK, HK and Belgian issued cards, so I assume pretty much any.

The Airport Taxis at TPE are good and clean and efficient - and most of the drivers speak some English, although it would help to have the address of where you want to go in Chinese if it isn't one of the big hotels.
Old May 23, 2005, 7:03 am

Programs: QF PS and spouse of QP Senior Lifer PS, UA, AA, DL, AS, AV
My Australian-issued Cirrus card was fine everywhere. All large and medium towns have ATMs.
Old May 23, 2005, 7:12 am
In Memoriam

Will not be a problem. I would suggest the bus instead of the taxi though. Pretty decent service and much cheaper.... When you arrive, there will be some guy with your name who you will believe was sent by the hotel these are the private car services which are the most expensive. If you go to the bus counter, they will tell you which bus to take. They are quite helpful.

Last edited by underpressure; May 23, 2005 at 7:18 am
Old Jun 2, 2005, 12:26 am
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
as you come out of baggage collection go to the information desk right in front of you and they will advise you which bus to take you the hotel. You can use you atm card almost everywhere and I never need to walk more than a couple of hundred metres to find one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.