Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Potential Indonesia visa/immigration issue?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2024, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status

I'm planning my first ever trip to Indonesia. I'm looking at booking an award ticket on SQ flying SFO-SIN(stopover)-DPS. During the SIN stopover, I'd book a separate SIN-KNO (Medan) round-trip, before continuing on to DPS. My question is if there might be issues leaving and re-entering Indonesia a day later. We would fly KNO-SIN one day, and SIN-DPS the next. I ask because a friend recently left New Zealand during a vacation there for a family issue, and returned a few days later, and was heavily interrogated by immigration upon returning to NZ.
Old May 1, 2024, 6:37 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I don't see why there might be a problem. I don't know if you can have 2 eVOAs open simultaneously, so
probably best to get one for the first stop, and then manual VOA for the second .
Old May 1, 2024, 6:51 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
I'll be doing something similar in December, so I am interested in this topic.
I am planning to do what IluvSQ suggests and get eVOA for first entry and manual VOA in second.
Old May 1, 2024, 8:23 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Was your friend on a 30 visa? Was it near expiration? I think Indonesia has a problem with people coming in on a 30 day visitor visa (or a 60 day extended visa) and then going out of the country for a day or two near the end of the visa and then coming back. There are a lot of people who work in Indonesia on visitors visas and Indonesia really doesn't like that.
Old May 1, 2024, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
By the way, I had to check my passport, but in 2018 I entered Indonesia May 10, exited May 12, then re-entered May 16.
No issues.
Old May 1, 2024, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by manneca
Was your friend on a 30 visa? Was it near expiration? I think Indonesia has a problem with people coming in on a 30 day visitor visa (or a 60 day extended visa) and then going out of the country for a day or two near the end of the visa and then coming back. There are a lot of people who work in Indonesia on visitors visas and Indonesia really doesn't like that.
I don't know what kind of NZ visa my friend had, but it was just for a 3 week vacation and she left about halfway thru the trip and returned 2 or 3 days later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.