Wiki Posts
Search

DPS / Bali E-Gates - Excellent

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GFL (Only took 30 years)
DPS / Bali E-Gates - Excellent

Arrived DPS yesterday, had done the e-visa on arrival form in advance. Joined immigration queue but after twenty minutes or so, immigration official pulled us out after looking at passports and seeing .pdf e-visa form completed. Through e-gates in seconds very efficient.

As you approach immigration, manned booths are ahead, e-visa counter to left and e-gates further to left. Honestly can't say who can get through e-gates, but UK and Irish passport with advance visa on arrival certainly worked.
enelym1978 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:11 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by Midships
Arrived DPS yesterday, had done the e-visa on arrival form in advance. Joined immigration queue but after twenty minutes or so, immigration official pulled us out after looking at passports and seeing .pdf e-visa form completed. Through e-gates in seconds very efficient.

As you approach immigration, manned booths are ahead, e-visa counter to left and e-gates further to left. Honestly can't say who can get through e-gates, but UK and Irish passport with advance visa on arrival certainly worked.
Cannot guarantee but my understanding is that any machine readable chip passports with linked eVisa can use the eGates in DPS and JKT
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaspars
Cannot guarantee but my understanding is that any machine readable chip passports with linked eVisa can use the eGates in DPS and JKT
OK - good to know.Understand they are installing e-gates at DPS now for departing passengers.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 10:29 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, American Platinum, Singapore KrisFlyer
Do they stamp your passport when you use the e-gates?
Old Apr 8, 2024, 3:16 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by hdoraisamy
no... how would they? you are registered electronically...
Old Apr 8, 2024, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by kaspars
no... how would they? you are registered electronically...
well, yes - but the authorities might still want to put a date stamp in the passport. It's a process we Brits undergo at some European airports.
It's another of the unexpected joys of BREXIT
Old Apr 9, 2024, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
well, yes - but the authorities might still want to put a date stamp in the passport. It's a process we Brits undergo at some European airports.
What I understand, they send automated email acknowledgement to the email registered for eVisa. But no practical experience. I don't think I want to visit Bali anytime soon, after they removed visa-free entry to Indonesia (old news), and now added Bali tax for the arrivals (recently)...
Old Apr 9, 2024, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
It is indeed... how would you otherwise be able to collect all those cute entry stamps to Europe
Midships likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 11:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite, CX Silver, OW Ruby, Travala Smart Diamond
Originally Posted by hdoraisamy
Upon entry into DPS via e-gate no, when exiting DPS, yes they stamp their small triangular exit stamp (as of this week).
hdoraisamy likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goodgirl
Upon entry into DPS via e-gate no, when exiting DPS, yes they stamp their small triangular exit stamp (as of this week).
Indeed, same with us. I understand they are installing e-gates for departing passengers, though don't know when they plan to bring them into operation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.