Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Connection Time CGK

Connection Time CGK

Old May 22, 22, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA - Executive Platinum, AAirpass; Hilton Diamond; Bonvoy Silver
Connection Time CGK

I'm flying into CGK Terminal 3 on Etihad Airways in August, arriving at 2:35pm. I'm looking at connecting flight options to DPS. There's a 4:30pm on Garuda Indonesia from Terminal 3. Is that cutting it too close?
Old May 22, 22, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA
CGK is a transit unfriendly airport. Find out if Garuda flies out of the same terminal as Etihad's arrival. If that's the case, you may be able to make it as long as you can get out off the immigration within 30 mins. Travel between terminal is still a mess, there's a skytrain that sorta work some of the time. When it's not you have to take the shuttle bus and add extra 10-20 mins.
Antarius likes this.
Old May 23, 22, 11:13 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Both flights share the same terminal thus should be manageable unless of a relevant delay of EY flight, do you have any luggage to collect? In the past Garuda and Etihad were having different code shared flights on domestic routes.
Old Jun 26, 22, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA - Executive Platinum, AAirpass; Hilton Diamond; Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by BobFF68 View Post
Both flights share the same terminal thus should be manageable unless of a relevant delay of EY flight, do you have any luggage to collect? In the past Garuda and Etihad were having different code shared flights on domestic routes.
I was going to try to convince the EY checkin agent at ZNZ to interline my bags. Thoughts on chance of that happening?
Old Jun 30, 22, 10:40 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by interactfx View Post
I was going to try to convince the EY checkin agent at ZNZ to interline my bags. Thoughts on chance of that happening?
No - you must clear customs in CGK.

Search this Thread