Will I get to Bali…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will I get to Bali…

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:39 am

I have the same question too.
Flying from SEA with 18 hr layover in SIN before arriving in DPS. Since it's 1 continuous route on the ticket is the 48h test requirement okay or do I have to re-test in SIN?

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Yep, Singapore will require one test, and then if that one has already expired, Indonesia will require another.

My advice: print out EVERYTHING for Indonesia (and, in case check-in wants it somewhere along the way)--

- onward flight ticket
-hotel reservation in Bali
-PCR test
-insurance
-and of course, the proof of vaccination

(I was flying from India the day they once again permitted all international flights -- which was added pressure -- and had all of the above in tangible form so that they could be checked and double-checked in India. My connecting flight was through SIN, but nobody revisited the forms there. However, in Indonesia, they were all checked again.)
Old Apr 3, 2022, 11:41 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by anchtiger
I have the same question too.
Flying from SEA with 18 hr layover in SIN before arriving in DPS. Since it's 1 continuous route on the ticket is the 48h test requirement okay or do I have to re-test in SIN?
With an 18-hour layover, you might as well just ask when you get to SIN.
I could refer you to this official page: https://www.indonesia.travel/id/en/n...-to-enter-bali (bold number 2, standard number 7; or just do a Ctrl + F for "test"), but since you have that much time at SIN, it's better to just ask your carrier there.

The folks at SEA will be the first gatekeepers, so if they let you board, then getting tested in SIN won't be your biggest issue.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 9:15 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
It seems that Indonesia has dropped the requirement for visitors to require PCR tests on arrival from 6th Apr. Subject to passing an initial health screen on arrival (non symptomatic and temp under 37.5).
Old Apr 10, 2022, 12:56 am

Important information like that needs to be supportrd with a link! The link in the previous post "updated April 6" still shows a PCR test requirement.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 1:11 am

I’m a little confused by the Indonesian government website and the UK foreign office website…

It says that visa on arrival is only for entry into DPS at present, but I read elsewhere that several airports and seaports including CGK will allow visa on arrival.

My plan is to enter Indonesia through CGK during the 3rd week in July, do 3 or 4 nights there, then catch a flight over to DPS. I’ll fly direct out of DPS at the end of my trip.

Does that sound feasible for a UK citizen?

There’s mention on the foreign office of applying for a visa before arrival and that you need a local sponsor etc - but I don’t know anyone there.

I can’t fly direct into DPS, due to connecting flight issues, so it needs to be CGK point of entry. TIA.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by 889
Important information like that needs to be supportrd with a link! The link in the previous post "updated April 6" still shows a PCR test requirement.
Apologies
https://bali.com/news/corona-updates...arta-surabaya/
Old Apr 10, 2022, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by 889
Apologies
https://bali.com/news/corona-updates/visa-free-entry-visa-on-arrival-jakarta-surabaya/
Old Apr 10, 2022, 2:36 am

To be clear, you still need to present the 2x24 PCR test result on arrival.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Originally Posted by Tofino87
I’m a little confused by the Indonesian government website and the UK foreign office website…

It says that visa on arrival is only for entry into DPS at present, but I read elsewhere that several airports and seaports including CGK will allow visa on arrival.

My plan is to enter Indonesia through CGK during the 3rd week in July, do 3 or 4 nights there, then catch a flight over to DPS. I’ll fly direct out of DPS at the end of my trip.

Does that sound feasible for a UK citizen?

There’s mention on the foreign office of applying for a visa before arrival and that you need a local sponsor etc - but I don’t know anyone there.

I can’t fly direct into DPS, due to connecting flight issues, so it needs to be CGK point of entry. TIA.
Since end of March VOA has been extended for entry at Jakarta and other airports, UK is in Included in the list.
https://en.tempo.co/read/1576027/oth...anado-airports
Tofino87 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:16 am

Perfect thank you!
Old Apr 11, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: Qantas
Originally Posted by QTFLYER
It seems that Indonesia has dropped the requirement for visitors to require PCR tests on arrival from 6th Apr. Subject to passing an initial health screen on arrival (non symptomatic and temp under 37.5).
It looks that way. I'm however completely perplexed at the exclusion of Irish passports from the VOA scheme. They seem to have included the majority (or all?) of other European countries, including the United Kingdom, but not Ireland. Hoping to get there this summer...
Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by hannadanna
It looks that way. I'm however completely perplexed at the exclusion of Irish passports from the VOA scheme. They seem to have included the majority (or all?) of other European countries, including the United Kingdom, but not Ireland. Hoping to get there this summer...
The Indonesian officials probably think that Ireland is part of UK
Old Apr 23, 2022, 8:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Schedule change hell.

Originally booked on LAX-NRT-KUL-DPS (JL and MH), no overnight layover. Schedule change introduced TWO overnight layovers in NRT and KUL, with NRT impossible due to overnight layover not allowed.

My choices are: 1) do nothing, wait closer to departure (more changes possible), figure it out then; 2) change to something feasible now, but no good options and it could change again.

On #2, I think two safer choices are:
a) JL: LAX-NRT-CGK, then separate ticket to DPS. NRT connection is only 1:25hr, so it's not resilient to IRROP and can be messy if NRT still closed to overnight layover. Only Y available on NRT-CGK.
b) SQ: (SFO|LAX)-SIN-DPS. One connection is better than two. Currently no award availability.

What would you do?
Old Apr 24, 2022, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by italdesign
Schedule change hell.

Originally booked on LAX-NRT-KUL-DPS (JL and MH), no overnight layover. Schedule change introduced TWO overnight layovers in NRT and KUL, with NRT impossible due to overnight layover not allowed.

My choices are: 1) do nothing, wait closer to departure (more changes possible), figure it out then; 2) change to something feasible now, but no good options and it could change again.

On #2, I think two safer choices are:
a) JL: LAX-NRT-CGK, then separate ticket to DPS. NRT connection is only 1:25hr, so it's not resilient to IRROP and can be messy if NRT still closed to overnight layover. Only Y available on NRT-CGK.
b) SQ: (SFO|LAX)-SIN-DPS. One connection is better than two. Currently no award availability.

What would you do?
CGK + Air Asia
Old Apr 24, 2022, 3:19 am

That’s what I’m planning - as stated by Ian.

All depends on NH announcing what they’re doing with their schedules after 30 June though for intra-Asia routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.