Reload this Page >

Weekend from KL: Langkawi or DPS?

Old Feb 20, 20, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium

Hi All

I will be for business in KL in early March and have a weekend to kill.

I am thinking of going either to Langkawi (and the Ritz Carlton there) or Bali (and go there to the W). Bali I have been twice and Langkawi never, so I am wondering if anyone of you would recommend to fly up to Langkawi? I believe mid of March is dry season there, and still rain season for Bali but weather there seems to be picking up.

I will be by myself only and have 2 nights (Friday to Sunday); whilst mostly I am keen to relax I am wondering if Langkawi won't be slightly too quiet for a single traveller (note I am not into clubbing but would be keen to see a few people at the bar).

I know highly subjective but I would appreciate any opinion.

D
Old Feb 20, 20, 6:21 pm

I prefer the rainy season in Bali: usually a predictable 90-minute downpour mid-afternoon, with scudding clouds half-covering the sky the rest of the day, keeping the temperature down and making for good photos.
Duck1981 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 20, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
The W is one of the trendiest spots in Bali. I think you'd enjoy it more. Bali hospitality is awesome to begin with, add in W training and it would be lights out I think but I've only been to the bar there.
Duck1981 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 20, 4:43 am

Programs: Thai ROP GOLD, SIA Silver Kris, QANTAS FF, Velocity Rewards, Emirates Skywards
While I love Bali, I am a fan of Langkawi, having spent considerable time there in the past few years
And as you haven't been there before - I highly recommend it for a visit
From Ritz-Carlton its an easy trip down to Pantai Cenang and Pantai Tengah for nightlife, restaurants, socializing
Some nice bars and restaurants there to check out!
Duck1981 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 20, 6:22 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Always a fan of trying a new place, and 2 days is the perfect time, if you don’t like it you’re not stuck there for a week. If nothing else the stress of traffic in Bali getting to and from places would make it a no-go for me if it were just two days. You’ll be in the air for about 4 more hours total vs. Langkawi, and this is coming from someone who has gone to Bali annually for the past 15 years.
Duck1981 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: