MXP to MLE

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2020, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
MXP to MLE

Hello there,

I intend to go to Maldives from MXP to MLE,
on 19-26 Mar., using Qatar Airlines' offer.

Tickets will be purchased through Rumbo.com instead of Qatar Airlines.
Anyone bought from Rumbo.com ? are they legit?
They offer some cancellation fee and claim they will "immediately" refund your 90% of your costs in the case of the cancellation ticket. Is this verified?
And second, I believe I can claim the miles from QA flights regardless of the travel agency. If there are any voices agains it, please do speak up.

Third, I could use a tip for a cheap parking nearby the MXP airport or at least reedeming some miles for airport parking costs.

Fourth, never been to Maldives before, so any tips welcome there as well.

Kind Regards,
Stefan
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:55 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Stefan I am extremely familiar with Maldives. Please let me know what you would like to know.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 10:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by st8dm
Hello there,

I intend to go to Maldives from MXP to MLE,
on 19-26 Mar., using Qatar Airlines' offer.

Tickets will be purchased through Rumbo.com instead of Qatar Airlines.
Anyone bought from Rumbo.com ? are they legit?
They offer some cancellation fee and claim they will "immediately" refund your 90% of your costs in the case of the cancellation ticket. Is this verified?
And second, I believe I can claim the miles from QA flights regardless of the travel agency. If there are any voices agains it, please do speak up.
While there are a lot of person using Online Travel Agents, I wouldn't do it but book directly with the airline, even more when talking about less known OTAs - this one, Rumbo.com, I've never heard off before, but a quick google search doesn't give back great feedback.
If anything goes wrong, if something changes or it's been cancelled, you will have to refer to the OTA instead of the airline, in this case QR (already known to have sometimes troubles regarding customer service)

Are you really saving that much not booking directly with QR? Up to you to decide if the saving it's worth the possible hassle.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:04 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Definitely check on Qatar Airways website as well before you buy. As Lefly has already mentioned, it becomes an absolute nightmare once you need to change/ cancel your flight when dealing with the lesser known OTA's.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lefly
While there are a lot of person using Online Travel Agents, I wouldn't do it but book directly with the airline, even more when talking about less known OTAs - this one, Rumbo.com, I've never heard off before, but a quick google search doesn't give back great feedback.
If anything goes wrong, if something changes or it's been cancelled, you will have to refer to the OTA instead of the airline, in this case QR (already known to have sometimes troubles regarding customer service)

Are you really saving that much not booking directly with QR? Up to you to decide if the saving it's worth the possible hassle.
these guys promise "Flex" for 90 EUR.
That means they would give 90% of my money back in less than 24h if I change my mind or I can't make the trip.
Definitely QA asks much more than this.

Question was, is "Rumbo.com" legit and anyone has ever been through that process with them. I guess that is actually a different thread, this direct question it's a bit buried under the rubble here, in Maldives/Asia.

TBH, I never booked a ticket/vacation with an OTA before, except for all-inclusive + charter flight. I always trust the airline more, for a few bucks. But here the difference is high.

I guess my way of addressing questions was wrong I should have asked 4 different questions to 4 different threads, much simpler and direct.

Thanks again for helping.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by quarryking
Definitely check on Qatar Airways website as well before you buy. As Lefly has already mentioned, it becomes an absolute nightmare once you need to change/ cancel your flight when dealing with the lesser known OTA's.
that exactly what they are promising. No nightmare, less money.
I guess they are less known that they are letting the customer to believe.

thanks
Old Jan 28, 2020, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dav662
Stefan I am extremely familiar with Maldives. Please let me know what you would like to know.

Hello dav662,

I was thinking of Omadhoo, Noomuraka Inn.
My concern was how clean was the beach and if it's not overpopulated.
According to this vlog<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->
, it's quite ok.

I am looking forward to something rather remote, on a budget, with WiFi and mobile connection.
I understand this island is rather conservative. My partner and I, we don't mind much covering ourselves, we are more concerned of the skin cancer than of our tan, but we do enjoy the weather and limited, conscious sun exposure.

On the less better part, I understand the food is not that great and on this island in particular, you are unable to dine out on decent restaurants.
Traveling every night with a boat to a restaurant, it kinds of beats the purpose, both in money & time.

Question1: on Omadhoo, is there a shop? like a grocery store?
Question2: there are any underrated restaurants, easy to reach from Omadhoo?
Question3: is it true it's a clean and quiet island/beach?

thank you
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by st8dm
Hello dav662,

I was thinking of Omadhoo, Noomuraka Inn.
My concern was how clean was the beach and if it's not overpopulated.
According to this vlog<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdKflR9qc_s, it's quite ok.

I am looking forward to something rather remote, on a budget, with WiFi and mobile connection.
I understand this island is rather conservative. My partner and I, we don't mind much covering ourselves, we are more concerned of the skin cancer than of our tan, but we do enjoy the weather and limited, conscious sun exposure.

On the less better part, I understand the food is not that great and on this island in particular, you are unable to dine out on decent restaurants.
Traveling every night with a boat to a restaurant, it kinds of beats the purpose, both in money & time.

Question1: on Omadhoo, is there a shop? like a grocery store?
Question2: there are any underrated restaurants, easy to reach from Omadhoo?
Question3: is it true it's a clean and quiet island/beach?

thank you
Bear in mind that this is an inhabited island and hence the guest house type of accommodation. There is no alcohol available on the island.
Since there are guest houses catering for tourism it's not that conservative so it's not an issue for the tourist. The beach is nice and white sand. Yes be careful with sun protection.
They have local restaurants but again it depends on what your tastes are. Most of them have Oriental dishes like fried rice etc. For sure you will get a lot of seafood. There are a few restaurants so you can try any one of them. I am sure they have pasta too. Yes they have small stores where you can buy groceries.
My advice is to get a sim card at the airport on your arrival. Just turn right after you get out of customs and it should be on your right side, where the two mobile operators have their shops. Make sure that your phone is open to all operators.

I presume that someone from the Inn would meet you at the airport and your transfer is by speed boat?
Please feel free to contact me if you need anymore.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dav662
Bear in mind that this is an inhabited island and hence the guest house type of accommodation. There is no alcohol available on the island.
Since there are guest houses catering for tourism it's not that conservative so it's not an issue for the tourist. The beach is nice and white sand. Yes be careful with sun protection.
They have local restaurants but again it depends on what your tastes are. Most of them have Oriental dishes like fried rice etc. For sure you will get a lot of seafood. There are a few restaurants so you can try any one of them. I am sure they have pasta too. Yes they have small stores where you can buy groceries.
My advice is to get a sim card at the airport on your arrival. Just turn right after you get out of customs and it should be on your right side, where the two mobile operators have their shops. Make sure that your phone is open to all operators.

I presume that someone from the Inn would meet you at the airport and your transfer is by speed boat?
Please feel free to contact me if you need anymore.

dav662,

you are very kind.
If I'm booking this, definitely I'll contact you.
Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Stefan
Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:56 am

Welcome Stefan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.