Wiki Posts
Search

TBS, EVN, GYD - which order?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
TBS, EVN, GYD - which order?

Hi all, I'm looking to visit Tbilisi, Yerevan, and Baku Spring 2020. I understand that there is some conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan such that it may not be best to travel the two countries back to back. I will be flying from US to one of the three countries, hoping to spend the most time in Georgia. What's the best order for me to visit these three countries? EVN-TBS-GYD? I will be flying between the three countries. I know a lot of flight from EU to this region lands very early in the morning. Some flights between these three places are at odd hours too. I am planning to stay at the Four Seasons Baku, which I should have early check in at, so may be able to use that to my advantage.

Last edited by ChateauMargaux; Sep 6, 2019 at 6:58 pm
Old Sep 8, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; BA GGL; Virgin Gold; United Silver; Hilton Dia; IHG Spire; Marriott Tit; Hertz PC
I did the same trip last winter and flew into GYN then went to TBS and then to EVN - this was the best / cheapest way for my flights from Europe, as well as the flights between the cities. I recall I could only book the Georgian Airways TBS-EVN flight around 3 months before travelling.
I would also agree with Georgia being the place to spend the most time - a very welcome and navigable middle ground between the nouveau riche GYN and the rather Sovietish EVN.
My understanding was that there could only an issue doing GYD after EVN if you visit Nagorno Karabakh first.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: Former DL PM, AS MVP
Originally Posted by bluegatorade
Hi all, I'm looking to visit Tbilisi, Yerevan, and Baku Spring 2020. I understand that there is some conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan such that it may not be best to travel the two countries back to back. I will be flying from US to one of the three countries, hoping to spend the most time in Georgia. What's the best order for me to visit these three countries? EVN-TBS-GYD? I will be flying between the three countries. I know a lot of flight from EU to this region lands very early in the morning. Some flights between these three places are at odd hours too. I am planning to stay at the Four Seasons Baku, which I should have early check in at, so may be able to use that to my advantage.
Hi,
We just returned home after 20ish days in Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan. We flew AUS-FRA-WAW-(long layover)-EVN outbound and then took ground transportation to Mestia, Kazbegi and Tbilisi. We flew on the Azal flight from TBS-GYD that was at a very reasonable hour and i would recommend Azal. The Azerbaijani immigration staff did ask what cities we visited in Armenia, but then did not give us any shiz once we said Yerevan only. Granted my wife is 6 months pregnant and we were traveling with a 3 year old, so your experience may vary, but i would not expect any issues crossing Georgia->Azerbaijan having visited Armenia first unless you go to Artsakh. We also stayed at the Four seasons in Baku and it was very good.

Last edited by milwaukeeclassic; Sep 12, 2019 at 3:27 am Reason: lols...no swearing on FlyerTalk i guess

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.