Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Colombo Airport Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2019, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Colombo Airport Hotel

Can someone please recommend a reasonably priced hotel near Colombo Airport, preferably with a courtesy transfer service? I really do not want to undertake the long drive to the downtown area - have done it many times already.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:12 pm

I stayed at the Gateway Hotel Airport Garden (a Taj property). Very nice 4-star property, reasonably priced, about two miles from the Colombo Airport. The web site advertises airport transfers but does not indicate whether it is complimentary.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Aside of the Gateway Hotel option that's already been mentioned, you could look at the Ramada Katunayake. Sri Lankan airlines normally put up their long transit passengers here. Guess it wouldn't be as a plush as the Gateway Hotel, but still a reasonable option.

Lastly would be any of the numerous hotels in the Negombo area. Also very close to the airport and a fair bit of options available depending on one's budget.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
There are very nice hotels in the Negambo area as Quarryking says. Not far from the airport. I guess it depends on the time the passenger has for the layover. By the way it is no longer that long to the downtown due to the highway but still about 30 mins or so I would guess depending the time of the day and what hotel you are going to.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:30 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
A couple of kilometers away, not at the airport, nor in the direction of Negombo, the Tamarind Tree hotel has its own, very quiet grounds. Haven't stayed there for a couple of years, but Mrs WF was quite happy with the accomadation.

Happy wandering
Fred
Old Sep 8, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; BA GGL; Virgin Gold; United Silver; Hilton Dia; IHG Spire; Marriott Tit; Hertz PC
I used the Amagi Aria hotel in Negombo for the same purpose as OP last year - perfectly good hotel for an overnight stay with a free shuttle service at 5am
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:16 am

Marino beach hotel is best for your stay in colombo...
Old Sep 15, 2019, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Ryan10
Marino beach hotel is best for your stay in colombo...
So you just completely ignored OP's request to NOT have to travel into downtown Colombo for an overnight transfer, and recommended something involving downtown Colombo anyway?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.