Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Sewage going directly into the sea off Penang?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Interesting comments on the poor quality of the water off the coast of Penang ... Does anyone have information to verify this? I was thinking of going to the beach!!
Modern sewerage system needed in Penang
Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by SQTraveller
I was thinking of going to the beach!!
Were you actually thinking of going to the beach? Because it seems you just randomly post these negative news articles.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
Were you actually thinking of going to the beach? Because it seems you just randomly post these negative news articles.
Random ... no ... on Penang

News -- yes

negative? are my recent posts negative?
I realise people don't necessarily like staying in luxury hotels but to classify it as negative? not sure Looking for a luxurious place to stay in Penang?
Some don't like the smell or flavour or durian, so I accept that this might not appear to people, but to call my suggestion of a durian negative seems excessive... Durian-do in Penang any body?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Dumping sewage used to be routine in Pattaya, Thailand. Heck, it could make a comeback if they keep building like crazy without having enough supporting infrastructure.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RustyC
Dumping sewage used to be routine in Pattaya, Thailand. Heck, it could make a comeback if they keep building like crazy without having enough supporting infrastructure.
You say "used to". I'm assuming the authorities made an effort to build the necessary infrastructure back then?

The comments I've heard on Penang is that these 3 new islands will not (as you so clearly put it) "have enough supporting infrastructure" either. I really hope this isn't true. I thought Penang had begun to clean up parts of the island in the last decade or so that I have been visiting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.