Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2021, 4:59 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Originally Posted by TonyHe
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/5097058...g-up/?p=970585

Latest news, KH is opening up starting 15/11 for fully vaxx people
Mandatory PCR on arrival and quarantine until results arrive
Thinking about some low frequency, high impact Thailand horror stories, it's not easy to find out (references welcome):
  • what happens if you test positive? 2nd confirming test possible?
  • what happens if you test negative, but, say, someone in your airplane row or van to the hotel tests positive?
  • Likely costs for hospital or quarantine hotel stay?
I found out recently that the travel insurance offered by the Chase Sapphire Reverse credit card excludes Cambodia.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by rjh
Thinking about some low frequency, high impact Thailand horror stories, it's not easy to find out (references welcome):
  • what happens if you test positive? 2nd confirming test possible?
  • what happens if you test negative, but, say, someone in your airplane row or van to the hotel tests positive?
  • Likely costs for hospital or quarantine hotel stay?
I found out recently that the travel insurance offered by the Chase Sapphire Reverse credit card excludes Cambodia.
Not just costs, but will you be allowed to choose the quarantine location? Many of the quarantine hotels leave a lot to be desired. Will you even be offered the option of a quarantine hotel if you're positive but asymptomatic? Some other nearby countries insist on putting every person who tests positive in a hospital even though most of them have no need to be there. In most cases the designated hospital may not be one that you would choose in normal circumstances. Without clarity on these issues it's a dice roll between a nice holiday and a very unpleasant couple of weeks...
Old Nov 21, 2021, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by TonyHe
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/5097058...g-up/?p=970585

Latest news, KH is opening up starting 15/11 for fully vaxx people
Mandatory PCR on arrival and quarantine until results arrive
As much as I’d like to visit Cambodia again, the test on arrival and risk of quarantine for a couple of weeks at some random govt. location is not something I’m willing to risk for myself or family. Will just have to wait till full vaccination and/or negative pre-arrival test is sufficient.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know if any airlines are flying into REP airport directly? I cannot find anything for flights from SIN, BKK or elsewhere in Thailand. I would love to go next month, but with my 18 month old son cannot convince ask my wife to sit in a car for a 5 hour transfer from PNH.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 3:21 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by uclabruin82
Does anyone know if any airlines are flying into REP airport directly? I cannot find anything for flights from SIN, BKK or elsewhere in Thailand. I would love to go next month, but with my 18 month old son cannot convince ask my wife to sit in a car for a 5 hour transfer from PNH.
I am looking to fly to REP too. Hopefully via DMK or BKK but at this moment in time not sure. Air Asia has started flying to some destinations from DMK for sure.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 3:24 am

REP's within my ADS-B receiver's coverage. A SQ rotation from Singapore happens daily, no idea if it carries passengers or not (EDIT: appears to be bookable). You can also see it on FR24. It's the only scheduled flight operating as far as I can tell. Private jets are in and out periodically though!

Last edited by bobbytables; Jan 3, 2022 at 3:30 am
Old Jan 5, 2022, 2:29 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
I had a holiday scheduled for BKK but with mandatory quarantine reimposed I think of changing to Cambodia.

How is the country currently? Is it safe as a white person to currently travel around there? I am afraid people are much more desperate for money than pre-covid, which may increase crime rates / theft against foreigners.

My experience with Cambodia is that the people are absolutely lovely, but not 100% sure if now is the right moment to travel down there
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by EuroFlash
I had a holiday scheduled for BKK but with mandatory quarantine reimposed I think of changing to Cambodia.

How is the country currently? Is it safe as a white person to currently travel around there? I am afraid people are much more desperate for money than pre-covid, which may increase crime rates / theft against foreigners.

My experience with Cambodia is that the people are absolutely lovely, but not 100% sure if now is the right moment to travel down there
I have been to Siem Reap a few times and it has been perfectly safe. But again as in everywhere it depends on what areas you go I guess. It is not very easy to fly there right now I feel.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by EuroFlash

There are many reasons why now is not a good moment to travel, but being a white person isn't one of them.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 5:34 pm

Is Cambodia open now? Do you have to get any test on arrival and is the online travel visa back on again?
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:34 pm

Yup, it has been open since November. I know a few people who have been and enjoyed the lack of crowds. If you're fully vaccinated there is no quarantine. You need a test before departure and another rapid test on arrival. evisa is available as before.

All this information is available from a quick Google search, btw. Cambodia publishes quite clear information in English on their government websites.
FlyingSloth likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by bobbytables
Yup, it has been open since November. I know a few people who have been and enjoyed the lack of crowds. If you're fully vaccinated there is no quarantine. You need a test before departure and another rapid test on arrival. evisa is available as before.

All this information is available from a quick Google search, btw. Cambodia publishes quite clear information in English on their government websites.
Thank you very much. I did a google search and since I was not clear whether it is the same as before but what is the situation with the pre arrival testing and if there is an on arrival test and what happens if you test positive on arrival?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Davvidd
Thank you very much. I did a google search and since I was not clear whether it is the same as before but what is the situation with the pre arrival testing and if there is an on arrival test and what happens if you test positive on arrival?
I've just found out that they recently abolished the test requirements (17 March) and haven't updated the official government website (https://www.mfaic.gov.kh/covid-19) yet. So if you're vaccinated, it's no quarantine and no test.
FlyingSloth likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Indeed, no more test on arrival. So if you are fully vaccinated, it’s as before !
I was there a month ago and it was great to revisit the temples in Angkor without the crowd.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 9:05 pm

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Indeed, no more test on arrival. So if you are fully vaccinated, it’s as before !
I was there a month ago and it was great to revisit the temples in Angkor without the crowd.
No pre-departure test too?

I haven't been following Cambodia news.. I just remember in 2021 when they reopened with insane COVID requirements including giving the government a USD "deposit" in case you got sick.. lol

Glad to hear Cambodia seems to be fully open with virtually no requirements. I may have to consider it. I've been to Cambodia once before.. about 10 years ago.. honestly, I found the country very stressful compared to neighboring Laos, which I have been to about 10 times and love Laos so laid back and serene.. I found people in Cambodia very unnecessarily hostile toward tourists. I don't know whether my impression is accurate or not. Ankor Wat was extremely crowded and Sikkouville seemed to be run by a Russian mafia.. did I get the wrong impression? Should I give it another go while crowds are still low?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.