Reload this Page >

Ask us about Vietnam

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask us about Vietnam

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:23 pm

Going to stay in Saigon end of January for two weeks. Can’t really take any side trips because of work. Would appreciate suggestions on things to do, see, buy, eat. Staying in District 2. Thank you!
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by Dnk95
Going to stay in Saigon end of January for two weeks. Can’t really take any side trips because of work. Would appreciate suggestions on things to do, see, buy, eat. Staying in District 2. Thank you!
One of our favorite things about Saigon was getting oriented through a motorcycle tour - we did two of them - one tour and one food tour. Booked on GetYourGuide
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by fishfly
Just did a quick check on Google Flights... going to pass on flying to/from Van Don lol. Looks like the best/cheapest would be to back track to HAN, fly to HUI, train to DAD, then to BKK.
You asked for August 2019. Check the fares again in May/June. The airport just opened days/weeks ago.
For a 5 or 6 day trip to visit Hue and Halong you should be flying everywhere, or if you take the train, it better be a night train.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
You asked for August 2019. Check the fares again in May/June. The airport just opened days/weeks ago.
For a 5 or 6 day trip to visit Hue and Halong you should be flying everywhere, or if you take the train, it better be a night train.
Taking a night train seems to be the best route after considering our short stay. A bunch of options in the evening for Hanoi to Hue, per Vietnam-railways.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Hi there, I got in on the Cathay deal and will have 2 afternoons/nights in HAN as a result

basically from 1500 Hrs one day to 1000 Hrs the next on each occasion

I realize my time is extremely limited, but any suggestions on one or two things I should do or see in that time, also any suggestions for a good meal would be helpful too (I booked a hotel on a tripadvisor friends recommendation La Storia Ruby was that a good choice)

THANKS
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by whitethunder
Hi there, I got in on the Cathay deal and will have 2 afternoons/nights in HAN as a result

basically from 1500 Hrs one day to 1000 Hrs the next on each occasion
Do you have a multi-entry visa?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
I visited VN last year and absolutely loved it. So much so I'm going back in March, for 3 WEEKS, with a view to moving there at some point in the future.
​​​​​​
My trip last year, I hired a guide in Hanoi, who was incredible and has become a friend. I'm more than happy to recommend him to anyone. We spent ages chatting on WhatsApp before I arrived so he could figure out what he thought I might like to see.

This year I'm spending a lot of time relaxing by the beach, and pool, than I did last year.

The only thing that's new this year is that I'm arriving and leaving from HCMC, and I'm looking forward to being there to see. I'm attempting to get a tour guide for HCMC, but that's proving a bit more troublesome.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
Do you have a multi-entry visa?
I bought 2 eVisa's already online I saw someone mention it and it was a piece of cake
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by NYTA
One of our favorite things about Saigon was getting oriented through a motorcycle tour - we did two of them - one tour and one food tour. Booked on GetYourGuide
We did a food tour and a get to know the area tour on foot. It really gave us confidence to go out everywhere and eat at a million fantastic places.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Cris L
I visited VN last year and absolutely loved it. So much so I'm going back in March, for 3 WEEKS, with a view to moving there at some point in the future.
​​​​​​
My trip last year, I hired a guide in Hanoi, who was incredible and has become a friend. I'm more than happy to recommend him to anyone. We spent ages chatting on WhatsApp before I arrived so he could figure out what he thought I might like to see.

This year I'm spending a lot of time relaxing by the beach, and pool, than I did last year.

The only thing that's new this year is that I'm arriving and leaving from HCMC, and I'm looking forward to being there to see. I'm attempting to get a tour guide for HCMC, but that's proving a bit more troublesome.
There are a lot of food tours, as mentioned. For a personal guide, I have a good friend who works with a tour agency. I've never taken a tour with her, but I find her honest and trustworthy, if you want the contact info for the agency pm me.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: AY Platinum
I bought 2 eVisa's already online I saw someone mention it and it was a piece of cake
Am I correct in assuming you bought both E-Visas before travelling??
I was under the impression you could only apply for a 2nd E-Visa after using the 1st E-Visa. Are you sure both issued E-Visas are still valid?
Please clarify as I'm in the same situation with 2 entries via HAN within 5 days of each other.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by beachboy1966
Am I correct in assuming you bought both E-Visas before travelling??
I was under the impression you could only apply for a 2nd E-Visa after using the 1st E-Visa. Are you sure both issued E-Visas are still valid?
Please clarify as I'm in the same situation with 2 entries via HAN within 5 days of each other.
Yes I went to the website and filled out form for evisa. Got it approved and printed the PDF

I then applied again for the date of my second trip, 10 days later, and it was approved, so I printed that PDF

I have 2 separate evisa's both with different dates, which are the dates I will be in Vietnam
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:04 pm

Programs: AY Platinum
Yes I went to the website and filled out form for evisa. Got it approved and printed the PDF

I then applied again for the date of my second trip, 10 days later, and it was approved, so I printed that PDF

I have 2 separate evisa's both with different dates, which are the dates I will be in Vietnam
Thanks. Appreciate the quick reply.

My only point of continuing concern is the validity of back-to-back E-Visas. The offiical website https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/web/guest/faq makes mention under Pt. 5 of the following condition;

"5. What if I want to enter Vietnam before my e-Visa validity period?
You must completea new e-Visa application. The previous e-Visa application will be cancelled once the new e-Visa is issued./."

If your dates somehow overlap then perhaps wise to check the 1st issued E-Visa has not been cancelled?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by beachboy1966
If your dates somehow overlap then perhaps wise to check the 1st issued E-Visa has not been cancelled?
Have you used the eVisa service? It's just a piece of paper that you print off. So when you go through immigration upon entering the country, you hand them the paper with your passport. So I can see how it might work but I also see how it might not work.
I agree with you though, I was under the impression that there was a time period you had to wait for, but I searched the pretty basic website and could not find the info. Hopefully it works out for whitethunder and if not hopefully whitethunder posts back here about the experience.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Visa approval letters and entry into Vietnam

My friends (Indian passports) and myself (USA passport) are planning on heading to Hanoi in March for a quick guys weekend. We have booked a tour of Halong Bay with Paradise Cruises for one night. They offer an invitation letter that you can use to enter the country as a tourist without having a visa or stamp prior to arrival. A few questions on that:

1) Will the airlines flying us into HAN let us fly without an actual visa in the passport?
2) Should we get an E-Visa approval just in case?
3) Is there any text online which we could print and take with us just in case we have issues at the airport?

The company told us that all we would need are TWO passport photos, $25 for visa fee and the letter upon arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.