Uber from KLIA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uber from KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Grab drivers see the destination before deciding to accept (unlike Uber), so it's a lot more reliable at KLIA and they never cancel after accepting. I've given up on Uber at KLIA due to similar experiences - multiple cancellations when the Uber driver realises you're only going to Putrajaya. Sometimes they phone and when you refuse to state the destination as it's against Uber T&C, they just hang up and cancel.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by seattle29
Grab drivers see the destination before deciding to accept (unlike Uber), so it's a lot more reliable at KLIA and they never cancel after accepting. I've given up on Uber at KLIA due to similar experiences - multiple cancellations when the Uber driver realises you're only going to Putrajaya. Sometimes they phone and when you refuse to state the destination as it's against Uber T&C, they just hang up and cancel.
That is definitely an advantage of Grab and wish I thought of it before!
Old Feb 13, 2018, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Just curious... Why not take the train? It's even less expensive, much more comfortable, faster and really easy to use. In fact, I've switched to staying at the awesome Majestic because it's one of three hotels that offer a free shuttle to/from Sentral Station. (Majestic, Hilton and I don't remember the other.)
You have to wait up to 30 minutes on a grotty stuffy platform, I think it was 18minutes and 48minutes past the hour last time I was there. And to get a ticket you have to queue behind tourists asking ridiculous questions about KL as a destination because the self-service kiosks is super fussy about which cards it accepts. Still if staying near KL sentral its beat Uber as the time estimates are always far too optimistic.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by exbooking23
You have to wait up to 30 minutes on a grotty stuffy platform, I think it was 18minutes and 48minutes past the hour last time I was there. And to get a ticket you have to queue behind tourists asking ridiculous questions about KL as a destination because the self-service kiosks is super fussy about which cards it accepts.
...or you could buy your tickets through the website or app. I've encountered no problems with foreign credit cards when buying online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.