Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

AMEX Best-value FHR Hotels in asia (planning honeymoon trip)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2016, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL

Hello guys

I am planning my honeymoon trip for next year and thought about using AMEX Platinum FHR hotels to maximize our experience.
However when I tried some search it seems most hotels are VERY expensive, so maybe I can ask for any tipps on good value hotels that you can recommend?
End price with free nights + bonus points from hotels bonus programm should be < 300 USD p.N.

Looking forward for your ideas!
Cheers
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:49 am
Original Poster

No reply - so is this the wrong forum or just a (too) naive question to ask?
Happy for any insights from the community :-)
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Hotels in asia...any tipps on good value hotels that you can recommend

Bolding above.

So, are you expecting that people will give you advices about hotels for the whole continent? I can recommend you places in Malacca, Singapore, Siem Reap, Da Nang, Hoi Ann, KL, Khao Lak, Krabi, Ubud, Lombok, Jogja, Tokyo... should I continue, or do you understand that you need to be a little bit more specific?
Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:32 pm

During my travels in Asia, I've found it pretty easy to find nice places for under $100.

www.agoda.com Enjoy
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

More details

Hi

Perfectly undestood.
So I am trying to be more precise.

Looking for hotels that are part of AMEX FHR program and have a reasonable price, let's say below 300 usd per night. Locations can include Bangkok and Singapore as well as Thailand beach hotels or Bali. This would be the rough idea.

I thought someone might have used the FHT program for their honeymoon as well and has some good tip to share.

Thanks all!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:26 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by FlyDUS
Hi

Perfectly undestood.
So I am trying to be more precise.

Looking for hotels that are part of AMEX FHR program and have a reasonable price, let's say below 300 usd per night. Locations can include Bangkok and Singapore as well as Thailand beach hotels or Bali. This would be the rough idea.

I thought someone might have used the FHT program for their honeymoon as well and has some good tip to share.

Thanks all!
I thought you've been look for 'value alternatives' as well. If you are looking for ONLY that FTH program, I think it would be better to ask at Amex forum instead.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 6:40 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
We got a great deal at FS Bali at Sayan a few years ago for our honeymoon through FHR. A nice upgrade, a great rate with third or fourth free night, the included breakfast was great and the amenity was a free massage for both of us. We also booked FS koh Samui through FHR but rates are very costly at this property.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:25 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Some of the Shangri-la properties are great value using FHR. For example Sydney Shang using FHR costs <USD 250 per night, gets upgrade to Opera view room (worth $100/night) and USD 100 food credit per stay. And the FHR rate is usually 10% cheaper than the expedia or other publicly available rate. But this is unusual for FHR, most of the participating hotels are expensive and compete on service (so you get things like a massage included as a benefit, rather than lower rate or food credit). It varies with each hotel (even in same chain) and I haven't seen any compiled list of benefits (which also vary monthly). In general FHR is no bargain, it is a marketing program for the benefit of hotels rather than making your honeymoon cheaper Good luck and spend a hundred hours searching.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 10:19 am

Amex FH

We use them often and booked RC in Singapore and will again next year. Yes costly but if you add it up as the other poster said it is what extras you get. Like room up grade (got a harbour view suite, breakfast buffet ( very large spread).
Some properties also give $100 credit to be used. They have a beautiful outdoor pool and great staff. HG we will use them this year for the Shangri la Kowloon
as we have visited it before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.