Luxury Bali - without the drunken idiots

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Bali - without the drunken idiots

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2016, 7:49 pm
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I'm happy to pay for quality. I looked at the Oberoi and Legian.

My husband has now decided he doesn't want to go to Bali. Looks like we are going to Hong Kong and Singapore. He wants to somehow get to Cambodia too.

I've got everything in the memory bank tho.

Thanks all.
If you are going to Singapore and still want some beach time, check out the Shangri-La or W Sentosa - not Bali, but at least reading on the beach
In Cambodia, visit Angkor Wat - it's wonderful. The Hyatt Siem Reap is luxurious and right in town!
Old May 4, 2016, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Fyd
If you are going to Singapore and still want some beach time, check out the Shangri-La or W Sentosa - not Bali, but at least reading on the beach
In Cambodia, visit Angkor Wat - it's wonderful. The Hyatt Siem Reap is luxurious and right in town!
I am booked at the Sofitel. That's my version of cheap. The suite rates for the W or Capella were huge. I could of paid AUD$4000 a night for an Ocean Suite with views of the aquarium at Resorts World! Umm, no!

We should of gone to Angkor Wat when we were last in the area but never thought of it. I had planned the Park Hyatt in Siem Reap so I am on the right wave length it seems.

Thanks for the advice.
Old May 4, 2016, 2:22 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
I am booked at the Sofitel. That's my version of cheap. The suite rates for the W or Capella were huge. I could of paid AUD$4000 a night for an Ocean Suite with views of the aquarium at Resorts World! Umm, no!

We should of gone to Angkor Wat when we were last in the area but never thought of it. I had planned the Park Hyatt in Siem Reap so I am on the right wave length it seems.

Thanks for the advice.
Where did you book for Hong Kong? We're staying at the Langham from Friday
Old May 4, 2016, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
Where did you book for Hong Kong? We're staying at the Langham from Friday
Intercontinental Hong Kong. The Langham was my second choice.

I'm dealing with my travel agent now. I'm booked and paid but still trying to get a better room for the same money. I signed up today to the Ambassador club for US$200 for a room upgrade. I'm going in June.

How funny if we had to meet in Hong Kong even though we live in Sydney together!

Have fun!
Old May 7, 2016, 3:29 pm

The only concern for me is I assume I probably have to go through Jakarta. I really don't feel comfortable in Jakarta after being threatened at the airport by immigration.
This is a moot point for now, but for future reference you can get to Gili Islands via Singapore, so don't have to go through Jakarta (it isn't as horrendous as people say it is, just a big crowded mess).
Old May 7, 2016, 7:03 pm

Intercontinental Hong Kong. The Langham was my second choice.

I'm dealing with my travel agent now. I'm booked and paid but still trying to get a better room for the same money. I signed up today to the Ambassador club for US$200 for a room upgrade. I'm going in June.

How funny if we had to meet in Hong Kong even though we live in Sydney together!

Have fun!
We're at the Langham now, really happy with our choice. Only complaint could be there's no view, but we knew that before we booked.
Old May 8, 2016, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

We're at the Langham now, really happy with our choice. Only complaint could be there's no view, but we knew that before we booked.
I've booked a Harbour View. Only concern is the building site next door. Hopefully we won't be impacted by noise.
Old May 9, 2016, 12:58 am

Programs: DL-PM; Marriott-Plat; SPG (soon RIP) - Plat, and e/t connected to AMEX Plat
I've booked a Harbour View. Only concern is the building site next door. Hopefully we won't be impacted by noise.
1) This is off topic

2) I'm not complaining, because my trip involves two days in HKG (non consecutive). Any advice on HKI vs. Kowloon?
Old May 9, 2016, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by AspiringWorldTraveler
1) This is off topic

2) I'm not complaining, because my trip involves two days in HKG (non consecutive). Any advice on HKI vs. Kowloon?
I prefer Kowloon for the feel of the place. The island side is a bit more businesslike.
Old May 9, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by Fyd
...where in front of you will be 59 containerships (I counted once).

Honestly, coming to Singapore and waste day at artificial beach with sand from Indonesia looking at murky waters while horizon is filled with ships - waste of time. There are plenty of other interesting things to do.

If anybody interested - welcome to Singapore forum - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/. If it is Saturday/Sunday and you do not mind walking in Singapore heat - I can show you couple of interesting things.
Old May 11, 2016, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by invisible
...where in front of you will be 59 containerships (I counted once).

Honestly, coming to Singapore and waste day at artificial beach with sand from Indonesia looking at murky waters while horizon is filled with ships - waste of time. There are plenty of other interesting things to do.

If anybody interested - welcome to Singapore forum - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/. If it is Saturday/Sunday and you do not mind walking in Singapore heat - I can show you couple of interesting things.
I've been to Singapore before. I'm just stopping along the way. Sitting on an artificial beach with a good book, away from work, sounds perfect to me!
Old May 15, 2016, 8:51 am

Well, it's a bit of a mess down there but I'm guessing the noise won't ruin your stay. - it's a huge construction site next door and the IC has signs all over apologising for the inconvenience caused by their neighbours,

I'm glad over all that I'm staying at the Langham (despite the Bogans and Eurotrash here)
Old May 15, 2016, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well, it's a bit of a mess down there but I'm guessing the noise won't ruin your stay. - it's a huge construction site next door and the IC has signs all over apologising for the inconvenience caused by their neighbours,

I'm glad over all that I'm staying at the Langham (despite the Bogans and Eurotrash here)
I didn't know the building was going on. I might of stayed elsewhere if id known
Old May 15, 2016, 7:44 pm

I didn't know the building was going on. I might of stayed elsewhere if id known
It's in a great spot and it looks like a really nice place, you'll probably be ok
Old May 16, 2016, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It's in a great spot and it looks like a really nice place, you'll probably be ok
That's good news

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.