Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

3hr 45min KLIA to LCCT transfer - enough time?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

We would be flying on Dec 22 Sunday SIN-KUL on MH 606, arriving KLIA at 14:40. Need to fly out on Air Asia to Kota Kinabalu, departing LCCT at 18:25.

We have 3 hours and 45 min for this connection.

The MH flight is their hourly shuttle flight. Are they normally punctual at departure time?

I understand the immigration clearance at KLIC could take 60 min, then a 20 to 30 min taxi to LCCT.

On a Sunday afternoon, can we make the connection without issue?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
U should be fine...though at KLIA I'd find the bus terminal and take the bus rather than a taxi. Last time I did it the service was half-hourly or so...distance-wise it's kinda ridiculous considering that they're not far apart at all...as the crow flies. But in road distance it's a chunk. The LCCT will seem much more chaotic and crowded.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RustyC
U should be fine...though at KLIA I'd find the bus terminal and take the bus rather than a taxi. Last time I did it the service was half-hourly or so...distance-wise it's kinda ridiculous considering that they're not far apart at all...as the crow flies. But in road distance it's a chunk. The LCCT will seem much more chaotic and crowded.
Could you explain why to take the bus instead of the taxi? I thought about taking the taxi is because with the bus you need to wait for the scheduled run if you are unlucky enough to miss one. With the taxi you hopefully can simply get on one and go.

Where is the bus terminal in relationship to the taxi stand?

The long delay of the immigration I read about, is what worries me the most. Though I hope as some said that you could show the workers there your BP of the LCCT flight and be nice to ask, they would often pluck you to the front of the line. Or you can approach the window for Malaysian Passport only (often idled), show the officer your BP and ask nicely they sometimes would let you thru from there.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:05 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Happy
Could you explain why to take the bus instead of the taxi? I thought about taking the taxi is because with the bus you need to wait for the scheduled run if you are unlucky enough to miss one. With the taxi you hopefully can simply get on one and go.

Where is the bus terminal in relationship to the taxi stand?

The long delay of the immigration I read about, is what worries me the most. Though I hope as some said that you could show the workers there your BP of the LCCT flight and be nice to ask, they would often pluck you to the front of the line. Or you can approach the window for Malaysian Passport only (often idled), show the officer your BP and ask nicely they sometimes would let you thru from there.
The bus station at the main KUL terminal is in the basement of Carpark "C". Take an escalator/elevator down from Level 2, and the dank bus passenger waiting area awaits you.

Buses at the LCCT wait kerbside for passengers, so it's very close to the terminal entrance as well.

I haven't taken the inter-terminal bus in a while, but the ride was at least 25-30 minutes long.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:10 am

you should have enough time to take the bus. The shuttle flights from SIN to KUL is usually on time. Otherwise it will be safer to take the taxi if you run out of time.
Have a nice trip.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jameschan2811
you should have enough time to take the bus. The shuttle flights from SIN to KUL is usually on time. Otherwise it will be safer to take the taxi if you run out of time.
Have a nice trip.
I check flightstat for MH 606 - it has a very poor ontime record of 53%! Avg delay time is 21min?! It seems the problem lies with SIN the airport itself because the on time record of SIN between 12pm to 3pm is the poorest period of the whole day. After that the on time record improves going into evening. Very strange as usually the delay would get worse as the day progresses.

When taking a taxi, one has to buy a coupon at the KLIA arrival hall before go out to the taxi stand, correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.