Search

In Bali fist time, looking for a place according to the following requirements

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2013, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
In Bali fist time, looking for a place according to the following requirements

Hello club,

Looking for a short, 4 days trip in Bali from Singapore in the first week of August, when there is extra long weekend at Singapore.

The place should satisfy following requirements:

- clean beach (no plastic bottles or trash laying around)
- outside of beaten tourist trap areas - I do not want swarm of foreign tourists with screaming kids around and filled with vendors trying to sell you Chinese made plastic junk.
- clean, air conditioned room free of bugs for no more than $80/night with all taxes and fees included.
- safe place

I would also consider other places/options for the same time period satisfying above requirements, but AFAIK, Malaysia is not a good candidate due to Hari Raya and seems the same week everything will be shutdown.

Thanks.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA plat, HH, Marriott Platinum,
Might want to consider the Bali Hyatt in sanur. It is away from the maddening crowds and the beaches were empty when we went there in May.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP
We are heading for Sanur this week for a 4-day visit - it seems a good compromise with regard to location.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by invisible
I would also consider other places/options for the same time period satisfying above requirements, but AFAIK, Malaysia is not a good candidate due to Hari Raya and seems the same week everything will be shutdown.
Bali is tourism central. Avoid Kuta at all costs. Within easy reach of the airport on a short break Seminyak and beyond are OK, but still quite crowded and not so easy to match your price/comfort requirement. North and other coasts are better options but perhaps too far a hike.

You might consider the resorts/beaches accessed through Jakarta: or even non-beach activities. Cheaper to get to, cheaper to stay at and (mostly) domestic tourism. If interested, take a look at http://getout-jakarta.blogspot.co.uk/
Old Jul 4, 2013, 4:41 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
The place should satisfy following requirements:

- clean beach (no plastic bottles or trash laying around)
- outside of beaten tourist trap areas - I do not want swarm of foreign tourists with screaming kids around and filled with vendors trying to sell you Chinese made plastic junk.
- clean, air conditioned room free of bugs for no more than $80/night with all taxes and fees included.
- safe place
Very tough budget for August. I'd forget South Bali and look at North Coast Bali - which I love (for some reason people get all racist about black sand though ) - better value, calmer and cleaner. South Bali (especially Sanur) will be full of tourists. And the beach has a fair amount of plastic tat. And vendors.

Or go to Lombok instead. Direct Singapore - Lombok flights available. Ticks all your boxes.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Or go to Lombok instead. Direct Singapore - Lombok flights available. Ticks all your boxes.
Thanks for the tip. I'll do my research, but any particular place to stay/see?
Old Jul 4, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Don't think you'll get withing budget and will struggle with availability but have a look at Puri Mas & Qunci Villas. Just hit your favourite online agency and see what they can offer availability wise.

But whatever you get in Lombok will be 30% better than what you'd get in Bali for the same price.

South Lombok is changing - might be possible - I havn't been but the Novotel Lombok in Kuta (nothing like the Bali Kuta) may be close to budget.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
Agree with the suggestion to try North Bali. There are a number of little beach accommodations all along the coast. It's much more peaceful than the southern areas. Also agree with avoiding Kuta at all costs, I would make a comment about the people who stay there but it wouldn't sound nice.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dianne47
I would make a comment about the people who stay there but it wouldn't sound nice.
Well, my colleague who went there last month said that the place is packed with tattooed Australians and lesser degree - Brits and Germans, who drink beer and stronger alcohol 24/7 and make noise which is audible several km away.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
Well, my colleague who went there last month said that the place is packed with tattooed Australians and lesser degree - Brits and Germans, who drink beer and stronger alcohol 24/7 and make noise which is audible several km away.
Haha, you said it, not me. Sounds accurate.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 9:33 pm

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
We stayed in Padangbai on the east coast of Bali a few years ago, here:
http://www.padang-bai-beach-resort.com/rooms-rates.htm

We were there to dive, but there were plenty of non-divers at the resort.
We stayed in a Garden Bungalow, nice.

It seems like it might fit the OP's parameters.
http://www.padang-bai-beach-resort.c...-bai-tours.htm
Old Jul 8, 2013, 3:51 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Why don't consider Novotel Bali Benoa? It's superb!
I'll be there in the end of Jul.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.