LUX-CDG-BKK-REP-BKK-KBV-BKK-CDG-LUX: please help me optimize

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2013, 3:44 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
Also a great idea
I thought about it but the long-haul product makes me a bit wary... Qatar also had a convenient stop in Cambodia but there was no possibility to get a decent price on an open jaw ticket LUX-FRA-DOH-xxx-REP-BKK-DOH-FRA-LUX.

Originally Posted by jiejie
Awful time. January 31, 2014 is Chinese New Year and after the initial 3 days, lots of affluent mainland Chinese will be holidaying around the region including Cambodia and Thailand. That's in addition to the ethnic Chinese from other nearby countries plus the usual crowds of Europeans. Book accommodation far ahead. Or change plans to arrive mid-February.

Going in/out of BKK multiple times is probably lesser of all the evils.
I know but I can't travel at other dates since Mrs. Seamaster depends on school holidays (PhD). That's also why I choose to spend Jan 30 to Feb 6th at the Nakamanda in Krabi to avoid the crowd.

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Very good point. I forgot the Chinese new year. Do not go to Angkor during the Chinese new year and the week after, as pointed by Jiejie. It is a total nightmare there during this period (I'm not exaggerating).
Yes I'm aware of this, I saw them at the MO DD in Chiang Mai, it's just awfully noisy and crowded at that period of time.

THanks to all of you for these pieces of advice. It seems I won't have more choices than what I already have. Except if a miracle happens with promo awards but I'm not counting too much on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.