Sri Lanka in November?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sri Lanka in November?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2013, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Sri Lanka in November?

I'm looking at some low fares to Sri Lanka in November on Etihad from Larnaca via AUH - I need to add 124 miles to get to Silver on Etihad before the end of Nov. So Sri Lanka looks good pricewise and schedulewise. But......I'm not very knowledgable about options there. How long should I stay? How expensive is it? Where is the best area to stay? Hotel recommendations (reasonable)? I'm traveling alone (female). Mainly interested in cultural and archeological sites/activities and natural beauty (but do not plan to climb any mountains). Beaches are not a priority (I live on an island near the beach). What kind of cost would I be looking at for say a 6-day stay?

Any info and suggestions would be appreciated. Of course, I am starting to research the tourist websites for info, but the FT community is a goodplace to start.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 28, 2013, 9:18 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Since beaches are not on the list, you could probably look at going up country and taking in Kandy and/or Nuwara Eliya. Both are up in the hills. Most folks fo the trip by road, but i believe Sri Lankan airlines now operate an air taxi service as well to one of the above mentioned destinations.

Anuradhapura might be of interest to you as well since you mentioned cultural and archeological sites. It's about 200 odd kms. from Colombo.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: VS, CO, BA
Had a week at aditya in march - was fab, and handy for galle but still nice and quiet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.