Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Cambodia VOA eVisa

Cambodia VOA eVisa

Old May 2, 13, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Cambodia VOA eVisa

Has anyone had any experience getting VOA through the e-visa site: http://mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/? Wish Burma would have the same convenience!
Old May 2, 13, 12:01 pm

Programs: A Few
I've used the Cambodia E-Visa website several times. Super easy to use. You will receive your Visa as a PDF file which you print, cut out, and staple into your passport. I think the E-Visa is $5 more than Visa on Arrival, but you skip the line for Visas and go straight to the E-Visa Immigration Desks on arrival which is nice.
Old May 2, 13, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by yycworldtraveler View Post
I've used the Cambodia E-Visa website several times. Super easy to use. You will receive your Visa as a PDF file which you print, cut out, and staple into your passport. I think the E-Visa is $5 more than Visa on Arrival, but you skip the line for Visas and go straight to the E-Visa Immigration Desks on arrival which is nice.
I've had the same positive experience: straightforward to obtain and use and skip the line(s)
Old May 3, 13, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks for feedback!
Old May 8, 13, 10:49 pm

Visa on arrival is easy to get and the waiting times were minimal. They're quite fast to process actually. By the time you are done, your luggage would just have come out onto the belt.
Old May 9, 13, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
I've used both, and decided time wasted messing about with computer, credit card and printer is greater - and potentially more frustrating - than time spent in the VoA queue.

Delivery time of bags is the great leveller. If you are bag-free, the electonic visa might give you a bonus ten minutes in Cambodia.
Old May 13, 13, 1:25 am

e-visa saves you a full page of your passport. No more visa sticker as you print out the visa yourself. I always do that.
Old May 14, 13, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by HKtraveller View Post
e-visa saves you a full page of your passport. No more visa sticker as you print out the visa yourself. I always do that.
+++ ! My old passport was as thick as a paperback due to Vietnam and Cambodia. Doesn't bother me, buts some people are thrown off by the full fingerprinting on arrival though. If you don't mind losing a page and check luggage - just get a VOA.
Old May 15, 13, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by whackyjacky View Post
+++ ! My old passport was as thick as a paperback due to Vietnam and Cambodia. Doesn't bother me, buts some people are thrown off by the full fingerprinting on arrival though. If you don't mind losing a page and check luggage - just get a VOA.
It doesn't save you from fingerprinting. They got a new toy and they love to use it.
Old May 15, 13, 10:17 am
Original Poster

That is worth the few dollars and time to apply on-line! Indonesia does the same thing and total waste of a good page in one's passport.

^^
Old May 15, 13, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
It doesn't save you from fingerprinting. They got a new toy and they love to use it.
Courtesy of the US gov. They've been employing the fingerprint machines since Aug 2011.
Old May 21, 13, 7:02 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Is this VISA for business travel only or for tourists? What is the link? I would prefer to have the VISA before I depart and really do not want to mail my passport to the Cambodian Embassy. Thoughts?
Old May 22, 13, 1:16 am

Google is your friend. E-Visa is a tourist visa I believe.
Old May 25, 13, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by TonyBurr View Post
Is this VISA for business travel only or for tourists? What is the link? I would prefer to have the VISA before I depart and really do not want to mail my passport to the Cambodian Embassy. Thoughts?
Similar to wj I believe the evisa is a tourist one only.

If you need a business visa for extendability I'd just get it on arrival for the same $25 cost as the evisa.
Old Nov 5, 13, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dtsm View Post
Has anyone had any experience getting VOA through the e-visa site: http://mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/? Wish Burma would have the same convenience!
I get constant website errors. Is there any time during the day when the website is actual functional??

Search this Thread
Search Engine: