Wiki Posts
Search

Bali Cooking Class

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2013, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond
Bali Cooking Class

Anyone have any suggestions for something that's not over the top touristy? Looking for hands on, not demo & taste.

TIA

EDIT: Also if you know of a reputable zipline company, that's something we also enjoy!

Last edited by DC777Fan; May 1, 2013 at 7:00 pm
Old May 3, 2013, 2:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
deleted

Last edited by mayodave; May 22, 2013 at 7:09 am
Old May 5, 2013, 9:36 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
I would strongly recommend Bumbu Bali

It is very hands on - the day starts early at 6am - when you first head to the village market in Jimbaran - Heinz van Holzen who used to be the exec chief at the Ritz Carlton Jimbaran Bay - now the Ayoda - trained in Switzerland at the Palace Hotel - his staff are buying for his two restaurants.

He will show you how the market works, explain new foods to you, and also explain how the Balinese shop

Then the fish market for fish right off the boat.

Back to Tangjung Benoa to his convention centre and prep kitchen - in the grounds of Rumah Bali - a breakfast snack

Then cooking - the spice bases which are the base of every dish - 5 of these - then 21 different dishes

at about 130p you get to rest and relax and try everything

it is an awesome day
Old May 11, 2013, 5:50 pm

Location: x-17 yr AC*SE100 1MM, now E50 Gold :(, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, Yadayadayada
Bali Cooking Class

Completely agree with Adampenrith above. I did Bumbu Bali back in the early 2000's and really enjoyed it. Great experience and really hands on. The 5am market visit was worth it just for the pictures. Well worth the time and money. Enjoy!
Old May 22, 2013, 7:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUse...i.html#REVIEWS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.