Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bali driver / car service recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:39 pm

Programs: EXP LTPlat
Re Made

Just spent 4 days with Made. I hadn't planned on it, but after first day tour in Ubud I was hooked. Can't add much to the glowing reviews, suffice to say I'll be back (loved Bali), and will plan around Made's availability ☄☄☄☄☄
Annalisa12 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by dhammer53
Here's another endorsement for Made.

We just got back from Bali. We did 3 day tours with him. They were:

15 November Wednesday - Volcano $55
16 November Thursday - Central Mountain $60
18 November Saturday - Tanah Lot $50

These are all day events. We also picked up his lunch. It's so cheap there, how could we not.

We took a day off to get massages.

How do you not like someone that gives you a cold towel after walking up 490 steps from the waterfalls in the hot/humid Bali weather. Made always had cold water available. He also has umbrellas when needed. You can pay him in US$ or local currency.

A copy of one of our email exchanges > Because you are staying in Ubud better do volcano+ ubud tours the price it is USD 55$ we start at 8.30 am! You can pay cash after the tours!

Another 2 tours we can do
*central mountain tours* that you can see the real part of bali and you can see and closer to the nature!

*tanah lot tours* that we can start at noon time where you can enjoy stunning sunset from tanah lot!

Here's his website Made Real Bali Tours | Bali Private Driver & Tour Service

Made built his business from recommendations on Tripadvisor and Flyertalk. He's well aware of all of our recommendations. The funny thing is that I noticed that if you look at other online day trips, they charge per person, and are always double + the cost mentioned above.

I'd write more (and will), but I'm still jet lagged. I think you get the general idea. Made is a real gem. ^ Thanks to everyone for making our choice easy.

Could you please tell me more about Volcano Tour?

Has anyone done the East Bali Tour?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 4:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

How far is the volcano scene from the airport? Would like to see it and some rice patios. Clearly, Made is the man. Will try to book him for my upcoming trip.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
We'll be in Bali for 7 nights (5 in Ubud, 2 in Sanur) in July. I've booked Made for 2 days of tours (honestly I'm thinking we should add a day???). We've got two teens and a 9 year old. All boys. Which tours do you guys recommend w/ kids/teens?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: United Premier 1k, Hertz Presidents Circle, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
We'll be in Bali for 7 nights (5 in Ubud, 2 in Sanur) in July. I've booked Made for 2 days of tours (honestly I'm thinking we should add a day???). We've got two teens and a 9 year old. All boys. Which tours do you guys recommend w/ kids/teens?
Definitely add another day! We just got back and also use Made and I cant say enough good things about him. I just told him I wanted to see Bali and thats what he did! I would do the mountains, and Uluwatu and Ubud. He knows good stuff and is flexible so tell him your first day the stuff you want to see and he will make it happen!!
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mike2003242
Definitely add another day! We just got back and also use Made and I cant say enough good things about him. I just told him I wanted to see Bali and thats what he did! I would do the mountains, and Uluwatu and Ubud. He knows good stuff and is flexible so tell him your first day the stuff you want to see and he will make it happen!!
Because of the FT recommendations, I've booked Made for our trip in four weeks to Bali. Everybody seems to have great experience with him
Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mike2003242
Ha! What a great endorsement. I'll email him to expand our tours!
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Deafchick
Thanks for this. I hope his company can provide solo tours as all the other tours that I had checked required 2 people.
Just pay for 2 people. It's cheap enough.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 12:47 pm

Made is very reliable when it comes to transportation to/from airport and hotels. However with tours, I'd recommend planning out exactly what you want to do with him in advance. My mistake for not realizing this and completely trusted the tour descriptions on his website, which turned out to not be very accurate. For example, we just finished the central mountain tour with him, and we did not go to the monkey forest, instead TWO shopping destinations were added to the itinerary, where he let the shop guides take us and waited for us in the car. Waste of first few hours of the tour.
Old May 2, 2018, 2:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Had the tour with Made last week. Thanks for the slow service in RIN we were late 5 minutes meeting him in the lobby. I've told Made what we want to see up front.
- Scavenger hunt for old airplanes (there are 7 on the island, Made took us to 3 - the other ones were too far)
- Rice patios
- Volcano
And stated that no shopping and we would like to be back in the hotel by 3pm.
He added coffee plantation (loved it) and Pura Tirta Empul or The Temple of Holy water. I didn't think about coffee plantation and we've really enjoyed it. Including tasting of local tea and coffee. Had Luwak coffee for 50000 per mug (about $4). I'm still big fan of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee and I think it's the best. However, local Bali coffee from that plantation was great. After the tasting we've got some good coffee and tea. You get to see the process of coffee being made there, and the Luwak cats. You can even pet them, and they had little kittens right in front of the store (trip report coming up in couple of weeks).
Then we did lunch at the restaurant with nice volcano and lake view. Got some fruits that I wanted to try for long time (mangostine and snake skin fruit - both are very nice). Hit the rice patios and slowly headed back to our hotel.
After this "quick" trip we are hooked on Bali. We'll be back and next time for minimum of 7 day on the ground I highly recommend Made as a tour guide. He's a very nice person and knowledgeable about Bali and it's history.
He gets two thumbs up from me
Old May 6, 2018, 2:52 pm

We booked Made for 3 days of touring as well as airport transport on our recent trip to Bali. I can not say enough about how great he was as a guide and driver. Made is extremely reliable and was always on time and where he said he would be waiting for us. He is really a wonderful and happy person to spend the day with. We told him that we were coming with 2 teenagers and he picked 3 tours that he thought we would like. Both the parents and teens had a great time each day. Made has our strongest recommendation and I hope we get back to Bali to see him again soon!
Old May 6, 2018, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I’ve never paid anything but a flat daily rate in Bali for a private tour driver. Usually in the $40-50 per day range, including gas. Doesn’t matter if it’s one person or six. Unless you’re only paying $10-15 a person.

Do not let a tour driver take you to expensive gem, silver, batik or wood shops unless that is your express desire. They get a commission if you buy or a spiff for coming by.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:46 pm

Made is picking us up at DPS around 6 PM to take to Ubud. We’d like to stop at grocery and liquor store en route. I’m assuming that this is an okay request. The charge for the trip is $35.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Made is picking us up at DPS around 6 PM to take to Ubud. We’d like to stop at grocery and liquor store en route. I’m assuming that this is an okay request. The charge for the trip is $35.
$35 is moderately expensive for an airport pickup, so a quick stop shouldn't be a problem. I’d say $20-25 is closer to the average for an Avanza or Innova type vehicle unless you’re really going into the sticks of Ubud.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
$35 is moderately expensive for an airport pickup, so a quick stop shouldn't be a problem. I’d say $20-25 is closer to the average for an Avanza or Innova type vehicle unless you’re really going into the sticks of Ubud.
We are a party of 5 each with a carryon bag so I think we had to pay more for the minivan. Thanks for the advice re stopping. We will ask!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.