FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bali driver / car service recommendations
Old May 2, 2018, 2:13 am
bwiadca

Had the tour with Made last week. Thanks for the slow service in RIN we were late 5 minutes meeting him in the lobby. I've told Made what we want to see up front.
- Scavenger hunt for old airplanes (there are 7 on the island, Made took us to 3 - the other ones were too far)
- Rice patios
- Volcano
And stated that no shopping and we would like to be back in the hotel by 3pm.
He added coffee plantation (loved it) and Pura Tirta Empul or The Temple of Holy water. I didn't think about coffee plantation and we've really enjoyed it. Including tasting of local tea and coffee. Had Luwak coffee for 50000 per mug (about $4). I'm still big fan of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee and I think it's the best. However, local Bali coffee from that plantation was great. After the tasting we've got some good coffee and tea. You get to see the process of coffee being made there, and the Luwak cats. You can even pet them, and they had little kittens right in front of the store (trip report coming up in couple of weeks).
Then we did lunch at the restaurant with nice volcano and lake view. Got some fruits that I wanted to try for long time (mangostine and snake skin fruit - both are very nice). Hit the rice patios and slowly headed back to our hotel.
After this "quick" trip we are hooked on Bali. We'll be back and next time for minimum of 7 day on the ground I highly recommend Made as a tour guide. He's a very nice person and knowledgeable about Bali and it's history.
He gets two thumbs up from me