Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TPE airport to Hyatt?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Originally Posted by bendachentaiwan
I am pleased to say that it is actually in most Taiwanese peoples nature to assist foreigners, me included.
Yep. And unlike some other Asian destinations, offers of help are (almost) always genuine, not a scam attempt. Only snag is that English isn't widely spoken and some Taiwanese who do have some English are shy to try.

Originally Posted by musicsic
It was $150, bought my ticket at the airport bus counter, and there's even a brochure in English which shows all the different stops.
That's the one I often use. The guys at the airport bus counter do tend English well enough to "sort you out".
Old Nov 27, 2011, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by jimbo99
Yep. And unlike some other Asian destinations, offers of help are (almost) always genuine, not a scam attempt. Only snag is that English isn't widely spoken and some Taiwanese who do have some English are shy to try.
Agree with all of the above! I love that Taiwanese people are so helpful and how orderly and "civilised" they are. I think people tend to be shy as a whole, but maybe it just feels that way to me, being used to HKG.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by jimbo99
That's the one I often use. The guys at the airport bus counter do tend English well enough to "sort you out".
Yup, the guy at the counter was great. I told him what hotel I was at, he gave me the English brochure, circled what stop and where my hotel was on the map, and answered any other questions I had.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.