Wiki Posts
Search

TPE airport to Hyatt?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2011, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC S100K, SPG, etc., NEXUS, GOES
TPE airport to Hyatt?

I'm going to a conference at the Taipei Hyatt next week. It appears that the 2060 bus goes directly from the airport to the hotel for about USD 5.

I won't have a lot of luggage. Someone claimed the bus is bad, take a taxi, but I can't tell whether they mean it, or it's the usual American aversion to all public transport everywhere.

Last edited by jrlevine; Nov 2, 2011 at 9:07 am Reason: notifications
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: UA, NW
I have not been to Taipei recently, but even years ago, the airport buses were just fine, sort of like the limousine buses that run from NRT to Tokyo.

Anyone who thinks they're "bad" must also be able to detect a pea under his mattress.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:30 pm

Usually take a taxi to Hyatt (about 1300 - 1400 NT) but have taken the bus before. Bus is perfectly fine (and cheap). Just slower than taking a taxi.

At the time you paid your fare at a counter in the airport, don't know if that has changed.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 1:53 pm

So the taxi will cost about $46 - almost 10 times more than the bus?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by bamboola
So the taxi will cost about $46 - almost 10 times more than the bus?
Yes, bus is far cheaper. Similar to other places, for example in New York taking the subway to JFK is about $7 while a taxi is ~$50. Paying for convenience.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
The express buses from TPE are dirt cheap and comfortable. It's a long drive to Taipei but you still have to cover the same distance in the taxi. I usually take a bus into town when I'm there and take a taxi back (so that I can sleep in).
Old Nov 3, 2011, 1:45 am
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
And another supporter for the bus here. I used it in January and as long as you either know your stop or show the bus driver the stop number when you board you will be fine.

Enjoy the trip, I found the Taipei people to be friendly and if they spoke English very happy to help a lost Australian.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:06 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Any suggestions/comments on getting from TPE to the main Taiwan train station?

Without too much wandering

Fred
Old Nov 4, 2011, 5:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Cathay - Diamond
THe buses are great, cheap and almost the same time as a taxi, in T1 they have the new bus terminal just pened and in T2 come out of baggage claim and bear right, keep walking and turn right after 50 mt, you have to turn right or you will end up outside then another 50 mt on left is bus counters
Old Nov 10, 2011, 1:23 am

The bus will just take longer to get to the hotel. Taxi should be around $40 and if you get a Toyota Car service is around $45-$50 if you book ahead. I have attached the link for the biggest car service company in Taiwan.

https://www.easyrent.com.tw/index_1.html
Old Nov 25, 2011, 4:44 am

I just came back from TPE. I took the hotel bus both ways- leaving and going back to the airport. The bus counter at the airport was a series of counters run by three or four bus companies. I dont speak the language, so I cant tell you what the difference was between the counter companies. The trip into the city took about an hour and cost about $125 Taiwan dollars. The driver/ porter is there to help load your luggage onto the bus. The TPE airport bus is pretty similar to the airport hotel bus service in Seoul or Hong Kong.

The airport bus counter agents spoke very little or no english. I showed the counter agent the address of where I needed to go and she got me the appropriate bus ticket. Be ready to have your hotel address written out in chinese for them to read. The counter agents did not recognize street names written out in english. A young, english speaking taiwanese guy riding on my bus was able to help/ remind me which stop I needed to get off at. I was really thankful he volunteered himself to help a tourist.

On the return, I took the bus from the Taipei Main Station bus station. The return trip to the airport cost about $125 taiwan dollars also. Know ahead of time which terminal at TPE you need the bus to drop you off at. The counter agents at the Taipei Main Bus Station spoke good english, and buses departed for the airport every 20 mins or so.

My hotel in Taipei actually offered a private sedan to the airport for $950 Taiwan dollars, which is about $35 USD or so. 1-2 people was $950, and I think 4 people was around $1100 taiwan dollars.

Last edited by flyerred; Nov 25, 2011 at 4:54 am
Old Nov 25, 2011, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by flyerred
My hotel in Taipei actually offered a private sedan to the airport for $950 Taiwan dollars, which is about $35 USD or so. 1-2 people was $950, and I think 4 people was around $1100 taiwan dollars.
That's quite a good deal to get from the Hyatt to TPE. I usually pay NT$1200 for a taxi to the airport if I don't take a bus.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Cathay - Diamond
I am pleased to say that it is actually in most Taiwanese peoples nature to assist foreigners, me included.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by wandering_fred
Any suggestions/comments on getting from TPE to the main Taiwan train station?

Without too much wandering

Fred
I'm currently in Taipei right now. The way that I used was to take the 5201 Evergreen Bus (http://www.taoyuan-airport.com/engli...sp?cnid=100150) where it goes from TPE to several stops in the city, including stops near the MRT; and it also goes back to TPE. It was $150, bought my ticket at the airport bus counter, and there's even a brochure in English which shows all the different stops.

Originally Posted by bendachentaiwan
I am pleased to say that it is actually in most Taiwanese peoples nature to assist foreigners, me included.
+1 There's lots of times where I'd go wander around, get lost, and the people here were very helpful in showing me where the closest MRT is, even if their English was very limited to none at all. ^
Old Nov 27, 2011, 6:57 pm

Bus is cheap and will save you a few bucks if you are not in a hurry to get to a conference. Bus should be the best option for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.