Wiki Posts
Search

all inclusive resorts in Bali

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
all inclusive resorts in Bali

Does anyone have any good recommendations for an all inclusive resort in Bali? My wife and I are looking for a great beach front experience and hopefully we can find something all inclusive.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 5:43 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
All-inclusive is the anti-Bali option; you would miss out on most of the point of being there! Superb local food, dirt cheap. The all-inclusive beach resorts are concrete butlered 5-star ghettos, you might as well fly to Hawaii instead of all the way to DPS. Also all-inclusive are not cost-effective (unlike Mexico or Caribbean). Really think doing this is a big mistake -- I made that mistake in my first trip to Bali, staying in Nusa Dua ... never again, the rest of Bali is soooooo much better and less artificial.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 4:06 am
Suspended

I second number 6's comments. If you are dead set on an all inclusive resort the luxury forum might be a better bet - the luxury properties would be the only value in the all inclusive set.

Avoid Nusa Dua.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 5:45 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
After 16 visits to Bali, can I fourth the above?

Unless you are staying in a hotel with no other eating option (Nihiwatu springs to mind on Sumba, or in Bali, probably only The Menjangan) you miss out on so much going all inclusive.

As well as paying over the odds (as nothing beats the ambience a freshly caught BBQ on the beach with ice cold Bintang for less than US$10), you deprive the myriad of local entreprenuers and restaurants.

All inclusive in Asia tends to be re-heated European rubbish with a token local dish thrown in minus local flavours and spices.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: various
You can fourth the motion after I third it. All-inclusive is a horrible way to go in a place like Bali.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.