Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2012, 2:48 am

Manila Airport Advice

Hi,

I will be arriving in Terminal 3 at 1215am through Cebu Pacific, and have a flight to catch at 0530am at Terminal 2 through Philippines Airlines, how can I get from T3 to T2 at those hours (midnight), any shuttle bus still running or airport van? What is the cost? I am a backpacker and running on a budget and would like to avoid taking a cab/taxi if there are other possible options.

Are there money changers/banks/bureau de change open between 12am (midnight) - 5am (early morning) at T3 and T2? Is the rate competitive for USD/Peso?

Looking forward to advice as I will be travelling soon.

Thank you and have a nice day!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:12 am

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
If you were flying Airphil Express, PR has a free airside shuttle between Terminals 2 and 3. I'm not sure if the landside shuttle runs 24 hours, but if not, a taxi might have to do. To save on a taxi, go back up to departures and get a city taxi there, rather than get a yellow airport taxi at arrivals.

I believe there's a money changer open at Terminal 3 at that time in the morning. Rates will be worse than in the city center, but they're not too bad.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:48 am

A cab is no more than 2-3 dollars and takes a less than ten minutes. There is a shuttle between terminals but not sure how frequent it is. There will people at the airport to help you sort it out
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:44 am

Thanks Akiestar and Tonyims for your advice.

Anyway, what do you mean by PR?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by MKeet
Anyway, what do you mean by PR?
IATA for Philippine Airlines
Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:26 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: JAL Global Club, One World Sapphire, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Take a taxi but make sure they use the meter. I heard they raised the meter rates in Manila recently but I'd be amazed if the fare was more than 100 pesos.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Black Adder
Take a taxi but make sure they use the meter. I heard they raised the meter rates in Manila recently but I'd be amazed if the fare was more than 100 pesos.
The other MNL Taxi alternative is to pre-negotiate a rate.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 10:36 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
In a yellow airport meter taxi it is currently ~120 to ~160 Piso give or take a few Piso one way or another between any two terminals. So that works out to USD $3 or $4. I am as cheap as they come but that strikes me as economical. Especially with luggage in tow.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 12:43 pm

I think a good idea for this guide would be to add food options, what foods are in what terminal, or even what is around the terminal
Old Mar 9, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
I know there is a really nice Massage shop in the upstairs portion of Terminal 1, in the departure area. It is called Club Manila Massage.^
Old Mar 11, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Sleepinginairports.net voted MNL to be the worst airport for 2011.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:24 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
Yes, and I disagree with that. I would rather spend time in MNL then DEN
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by skchin
Sleepinginairports.net voted MNL to be the worst airport for 2011.
I think it is more along the lines of whether you are just connecting through, or sleeping over night. From what I have read and all, If you are sleeping overnight, I think the sentiment would be true. Otherwise, there could be worse other airports than Manila. Though, there are many reports of a lot of theft and incapable security, along with poor facilities (though most these reports are of Terminal 1, and not of T2 or T3) that could easily put MNL in the top 10 worst airports in general.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:26 am

You cannot actually sleep in MNL airport. It is one of the few airports where they ask to see your tickets and will not let you in unless your flight is within a few hours. So I suppose you could say, it is one of the few airports that actually closes.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Originally Posted by smith80678
You cannot actually sleep in MNL airport. It is one of the few airports where they ask to see your tickets and will not let you in unless your flight is within a few hours. So I suppose you could say, it is one of the few airports that actually closes.
Actually, you can if your flight is flying out of Terminal 3.

But in general, I disagree with the Guide to Sleeping in Airports account of things. Things have improved in MNL, and I would bet with my life that there are far worse airports to be in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.