Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Pulls Out of "Chinatown" Cheap Package to Asia Market

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2010, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

DL Pulls Out of "Chinatown" Cheap Package to Asia Market

I was walking through SF Chinatown, looking at the mostly Chinese flyers in the windows for cheap packages to China. Some very good packages on Singapore, UA, but nothing listed for DL. I spoke with one of the agents, who told me that while NW was big into the Chinese ethnic package tour market, DL did not continue offering the discounted fares to tour packagers.

Bummer.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 11:30 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by BigFlyer
I was walking through SF Chinatown, looking at the mostly Chinese flyers in the windows for cheap packages to China. Some very good packages on Singapore, UA, but nothing listed for DL. I spoke with one of the agents, who told me that while NW was big into the Chinese ethnic package tour market, DL did not continue offering the discounted fares to tour packagers.

Bummer.
I see this as a thread more appropriate for Budget Travel or Asia Travel. This is one tough Moderator call.. My instinct says to forward this thread to the Asia Forum.
Obscure2k
Delta Forum
Old Jul 16, 2010, 7:03 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
What about discounted Business Class tix that NW used to sell through the "Chinatown" TA market? For example, www.angeltravel.com, used to sell World Business Class roundtrips on NW USA-ASIA for fares in the $3000's. Has Delta kept that channel and pricing open?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.