Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skardu or Murree Pakistan??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2010, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Skardu or Murree Pakistan??

I will be in Pakistan and am thinking of visiting either Skardu Pakistan or PC Bhurban near Murree..

Which is better for a family with young children?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 6:41 am

Programs: UA, SPG
Skardu is much more beautiful but I suppose Murree is more accessible for a family with children.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 12:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
If accessibility is your main concern, I definitely think Bhurban is a better choice. Depending on weather and PIA's flight ops dept in ISB, you can sometimes get stuck in Skardu longer than anticipated.

If you have not been to the Galli's, I would highly recommend doing so. I recommend NathiaGalli and Dunga Galli. THey are not as crowded as Murree and there are plenty of upscale condo's and villas one can rent there.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. We decided to go to Skardu. We will stay at the Shangrila Hotel resort which looks fantastic. (Check out their website).

I hope the flights to and from Skardu are not canceled due to weather.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA, SPG
Would love to see a travel report + pictures!
Old Jul 16, 2010, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Please see information here on very recently enacted procedures to purchase tickets for travel to Skardu, Gilgit and Chitral.

It looks to be real pia , but if you are able to work any connections in the army or the government, you should be able to show up and get on any flight you want. Worth considering in this case, since I believe Shangri-la has some fairly aggressive late arrival and cancellation policies. Not their fault really, given the situation with adhoc flights, weather, etc.

Flights to Gilgit, Chitral and Skardu

New Reservation Procedure

* Booking to Northern Areas (Gilgit, Chitral and Skardu) can now be done by calling PIA Call Centre (111-786-786 or 111-FLY-PIA), any PIA Sales Office or PIA Sales Agent.

* At the time of booking, passengers will be required to provide their telephone contact and their ID Card/Passport details. If booking through agents, passengers must insist that these details are entered.

* Operation of ATR flights to Gilgit, Chitral and Skardu is dependent on weather. Therefore, booking will be accepted on request basis only.

* Ticketing will be required within 96 hours of booking, or 48 hours before departure, whichever is earlier. Otherwise, request booking will be cancelled.

* PIA Call Centre will contact passengers on phone to confirm their seats 22 to 16 hours before departure. If on getting a call, passenger does not confirm his/her travel plan as per booking, the seat will be cancelled.

* Passengers who did not provide their telephone contact, will call PIA Call Centre or nearest PIA office 22 to 16 hours prior to departure of flight to confirm status of their booking. In case no call is received, up to 16 hours before the scheduled flight time, the seat will be cancelled.

* Photo ID will be required at the time of check-in.

* PIA will close its special Northern Areas Counters at Sales Offices in Rawalpindi and Peshawar.

* For details visit www.piac.com.pk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.