Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Philippines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2010, 9:25 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by giblet

Bohol: I took the ferry and did a day trip around Bohol which I loved. I should have skipped Cebu and spent the time in Bohol.
I couldn't agree with you more.

I was so disappointed with Cebu as a tourist destination. We stayed at the Hilton and while we had a great stay and we're treated exceptionally well, the lack of a proper beach was a real downer. Maybe it's better at the Shangri-La?

I would only return to Cebu if to take the ferry to Bohol and spend a few days at a beach resort there. Some looked quite peaceful and relaxing.
Old May 27, 2010, 5:51 am

Subic is a blast

Originally Posted by Me2Earth
Hi,

Try to visit Subic next time on a side trip from Manila. Stay at one of the Marina Bay villas for a cheap $100/nyt. Google it and you'll see a bnew villa available for $100. It is also located near the beach with lots of bars to choose (Pier One, Cascades, Cork Room, etc) for fun and music. And the crowds mostly local. Eat local delicacy at Gerrys Grill while relaxing in the beach ( no swimming allowed though near the bars and restos).Proper beaches are about 10 minutes drive away.

It is one of the safest place in Philippines I would say even at night time.

While you are there you can try exploring Mount Pinatubo ( volcano) and go to Grande Island.

It is just a 2 hour drive from Manila. I am from Subic and would gladly give inside info on where to go or stay in Luzon part of the Philippines ( Manila/Subic/Baguio).
I have to agree about Subic having just came back from there; I loved the area so much that I extended my stay an extra week because there are a lot of things I didn't to do. The people are very friendly, everyone speaks English and I always felt safe there. It is not as well known as Boracay so you don't get the jacked up prices and a large number of tourists. Food was excellent with mix of local places and enough foreign restaurants.
Old May 31, 2010, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by giblet
Bohol: I took the ferry and did a day trip around Bohol which I loved. I should have skipped Cebu and spent the time in Bohol.

Overall I LOVED the Philippines. Everyone was so nice and welcoming--I had a really great time, it was one of my favorite places from my 4 months of travels. I would definitely go back, and next time explore more. I wish I could have gone to Palawan as well.
Bohol is really great. There's so much to see and you can go island hopping or scuba diving. You can spend 4 days there alone.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Where's the best diving in the Philippines? The wrecks of Coron?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
While I have nothing to compare it to, I greatly enjoyed the diving in and around Boracay. Drift dives, ship wrecks, night dives from the beach - I literally did a different dive every day for a total of 10 days.

Moreover, the island has places to stay and on-shore activities to suit (most) any taste.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Bohol has one of the best diving places.

http://www.bohol-philippines.com/bohol-diving.html
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by work2fly
While I have nothing to compare it to, I greatly enjoyed the diving in and around Boracay. Drift dives, ship wrecks, night dives from the beach - I literally did a different dive every day for a total of 10 days.

Moreover, the island has places to stay and on-shore activities to suit (most) any taste.
Another vote for Boracay.

It's gotten real pricey in the last few years, but still worthwhile.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 8:17 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Plato90s
Another vote for Boracay.

It's gotten real pricey in the last few years, but still worthwhile.
pricey compared to what it used to be or pricey compared to elsewhere in Asia?

What is the avg cost of a two tank boat dive?
Old Jul 14, 2010, 8:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
pricey compared to what it used to be or pricey compared to elsewhere in Asia?

What is the avg cost of a two tank boat dive?
Compared to the past. With the rise of the Thai baht to the USD, Phuket is getting disgustingly expensive so I've switched back to the Philippines in recent years.

If you just book per dive with a group, 2 dives should be <$50 usd.

Gets more expensive if you want to charter the boat for the day and basically go where/when you want but still reasonable at <$150.

There's a lot more inflation in the prices charged by the resorts over the last 10 years though...
Old Jul 15, 2010, 7:58 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Plato90s
Compared to the past.
Thanks for the info Plato90s^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.