Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Solo female traveler, fine dining in BsAs

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2008, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Solo female traveler, fine dining in BsAs

My first visit to Buenos Aires is next month. Will I encounter any problems dining/drinking as a solo female? Will I still need a reservation for one at the nicer restaurants or can I hope to get a table for one without a res? And most importantly, what do I wear? Will the New York standard designer jeans/high heels work for most places, or will I need a dressier option?
Old Oct 22, 2008, 7:06 pm

Programs: UAL Gold DL Silver Hilton GoldMarriott Gold
Originally Posted by jls116
My first visit to Buenos Aires is next month. Will I encounter any problems dining/drinking as a solo female? Will I still need a reservation for one at the nicer restaurants or can I hope to get a table for one without a res? And most importantly, what do I wear? Will the New York standard designer jeans/high heels work for most places, or will I need a dressier option?
1. Should experience no problems as a solo dinner, you might have some volunteers to join you Argentine men have been known to be big flirts.
2. Depends on what time you wish to dine. Before 10 PM you should have no problem, but might be safer to make a reservation just so you are expected. Many will not even accept a reservation for 10 PM or later.
3. Jeans will work in some places but you might want a nice pair of trousers as well for some restaurants. Think Paris and you will not go wrong.

Sam
Old Oct 24, 2008, 4:20 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I would suggest reserving... since some places may have an issue in using only one person as a table that can take 4 pax... hence, rolling the dice and assuming that a table for 2 will be free is IMHO not worth it. Ask your hotel concierge to make a reservation and you will be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.