2 weeks in Argentina

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 weeks in Argentina

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2008, 4:32 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Hiking in Bariloche during the latter part of winter is extra special because of the snow that you will usually have as part of the treck.... everybody does these hikes in summer and while they are nice, the winter tours are in my view the more interesting ones. Downside is that you may have some cold spells but the snow covered view are IMHO worth it.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, airline free agent
Thanks again to all those who have commented. The decisions are coming fast and furious

- Staying at an apartment from ApartmentsBA in Viejo Palermo (Armenia at Charcas)
- Going to Iguazu (2 days/2nights) staying at Sheraton on SPG points (falls view) and Bariloche (4 days/3nights)

Currently mulling over 2 Bariloche lodging options. Both are cabins outside of town. We'll have a car and mostly we'll be looking to hike / hang out. From a location perspective, does either one stand out?

Option 1: In Puerto Manzano, nicer and cheaper of the two - http://laalemancita.com/ubicacion_i.html

Option 2: between Colonia Suiza and Llao Llao on Circuito Chico - http://www.barilochecabin.com/barilo...n-location.php

From my reading Option 2 seems the better one, can anyone comment on the area near Puerto Manzano in regards to access to hiking trails, scenery, etc.

Thanks!

Last edited by HSaxa; Aug 26, 2008 at 1:44 pm Reason: edit links
Old Aug 26, 2008, 7:42 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wirelessly posted (Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

Please post a review of your stay with apartmentsba when u have a chance.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 10:59 pm

Bariloche

We just came back from a stay in Bariloche. I'll have to review my notes but we were there for the skiing. Have dinner at El Boliche de Alberto on 347 Villegas. Opens at 8 pm. Don't be late, the place fills up fast. If you like chocolate, try Frangelo. They have great chocolate caliente. Nice dark, rich and very good. I'm in the process of doing a TR and should have it done tomorrow. Didn't do any hiking, just skiing but we did drive the Circuito Chico, very scenic.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...3#post10265553
Old Aug 26, 2008, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, airline free agent
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Wirelessly posted (Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

Please post a review of your stay with apartmentsba when u have a chance.
Will do. For the record, we'll be staying at this apartment
http://www.apartmentsba.com/system/PS18-p592/
Old Sep 2, 2008, 4:29 am

In Bariloche, DO NOT miss having dinner at Butterfly Restaurant. And please say hello to Chef Ed for me.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 12:41 pm

Programs: PC Ambassador, UA , HH Gold
I am interested to Argentina as well next year and the information here is very helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.