Wiki Posts
Search

HELP- Name of Cuban Restaurant in BA?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2006, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF Gold, Velocity + Miles & More
HELP- Name of Cuban Restaurant in BA?

Hi guys last year I was in BA and had a great meal/night at a Cuban restaurant down on the wafers in Buenos Aires. Can any one tell me the name of this place as it has completely slipped my mind? Thanks ^
Old Nov 28, 2006, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Are you perhaps referring to Asia de Cuba in Puerto Madero?

John
Old Nov 29, 2006, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond
deleted duplicate
Old Nov 29, 2006, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond
or TOCORORO across the water from Asia De Cuba but still in Puerto madero,,, ... on Av Alicia m. de justo Doc 7,,,,
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:20 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Asia da Cuba's food at their BA location is nothing special. If I weren't on good terms with someone affiliated with it, I'd almost never end up there for food. And it's right out the door from the Hilton where I usually stay. The night scene there, for those of that interest, has also become mostly passe.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 5:24 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Here is a list of the Cuban restaurants that I know of:

El Tocororo
Ron & Son
Oye Chico

To my understanding, Asia de Cuba is not a Cuban restaurant... actually, its more of a bar/disco/club than a restaurant and food has never been anything but mediocre (at least in my experience) and overpriced.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 8:35 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Here is a list of the Cuban restaurants that I know of:

El Tocororo
Ron & Son
Oye Chico

To my understanding, Asia de Cuba is not a Cuban restaurant... actually, its more of a bar/disco/club than a restaurant and food has never been anything but mediocre (at least in my experience) and overpriced.
Your understanding is correct about Asia da Cuba. The food used to mostly be Asian fusion and I guess it still is .... but the food at the Buenos Aires location has never been stellar. Actually it was never great at the NYC or San Fran locations either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.