Search

cheapest business class from Argentina to Southeast Asia

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2006, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IB Plat - Hilton Gold - Marriott Gold - IHG Ambassador
cheapest business class from Argentina to Southeast Asia

Hi, any ideas as to where can I look for a relatively inexpensive fare from
Argentina (EZE) to Southeast Asia? Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur or Hong Kong is fine.
My dates are flexible, I have to spend 10-12 days in March.

All help will be more than welcome. I am looking at a USD 3000 fare!
Old Dec 20, 2006, 6:01 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to FT Argentina Forum
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Dec 21, 2006, 3:49 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I think that 3000 USD is pushing it a little... but my guess is that the best possible fares will usually be found with Malaysian, or some combination involving SAA.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 10:17 am
Original Poster

gracias gaucho,
MH lists for USD 4600.-, the cheapest and shortest.
AF and LH around USD 8000.-
Old Dec 21, 2006, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by chejus
gracias gaucho,
MH lists for USD 4600.-, the cheapest and shortest.
AF and LH around USD 8000.-
Continental and American are in the $2K (USD) range (all in ... coach) for EZE-HGK-EZE
Old Dec 21, 2006, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by muddy
Continental and American are in the $2K (USD) range (all in ... coach) for EZE-HGK-EZE
If the OP can get business for 3000 USD when coach is in the 2000 USD range, that's pretty good value. (If it's closer to $4500-$5500, I'd be considering RTW tickets if I had future travel plans too.) However, the coach fare doesn't much help for the OP's business class desire unless using and/or getting an upgrade, which isn't as easy as it used to be.

The cheapest business class I pull off for flights between Argentina and Asia are a miles or miles & cash redemption, but that's got the trouble of finding award space and means getting ahold of some miles.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
If the OP can get business for 3000 USD when coach is in the 2000 USD range, that's pretty good value. (If it's closer to $4500-$5500, I'd be considering RTW tickets if I had future travel plans too.) However, the coach fare doesn't much help for the OP's business class desire unless using and/or getting an upgrade, which isn't as easy as it used to be.

The cheapest business class I pull off for flights between Argentina and Asia are a miles or miles & cash redemption, but that's got the trouble of finding award space and means getting ahold of some miles.
True, but the OP didnt specify biz (or I missed it). Id be shocked if there was a biz class ticket EZE - HGK for $3K ... which is the reason I assumed coach.

Your point is taken though ... if the OP has found a EZE-HGK biz class ticket for $3K USD then there isnt much hope to do any better than that IMO.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 7:38 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Anything in revenue C class in the 3 thousand range would be a super buy.... considering the mileage you will get, etc. - but my gut feeling is that its going to be very tough to get anything that doesnt start with a 4....
Old Dec 21, 2006, 8:12 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by muddy
True, but the OP didnt specify biz (or I missed it). Id be shocked if there was a biz class ticket EZE - HGK for $3K ... which is the reason I assumed coach.

Your point is taken though ... if the OP has found a EZE-HGK biz class ticket for $3K USD then there isnt much hope to do any better than that IMO.
The thread title mentioned "business class", but I think your point about coach fares brings up one useful possibility: getting a coach ticket that is upgradeable using something like a United Airlines SWU (systemwide upgrade), two of which may be obtainable in Coupon Connection (at least for those with access to that forum here on FT).
Old Dec 22, 2006, 4:01 am
Original Poster

yes, iŽll look into the option of UA + SWU thanks!^
Old Dec 22, 2006, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The thread title mentioned "business class", ...
doh! you're right, of course ... I missed that earlier ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.