Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Years in Punta Del Este?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:31 am
Original Poster

New Years in Punta Del Este?

Hey, looking for some ideas for new years. Im traveling with my buddy through argentina for a couple weeks, then want to head up to Punta Del Este for new years. 2 straight guys, 25 years old, is that a good spot to go? I don't know what its like down in BA/etc for New years...Here on the east coast, I buy a ticket, go to a club, drink until 4 or 5 am, go home/etc. Can you find stuff like that in Punta, or in BA? Anyone have experience with that kind of stuff? Thanks so much for your help! If any of you out there are gonna be down south around then, let me know, we are always down to meet up and party with people. Thanks for your help!
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
BsAs on New Years Eve is one of the quietest most boring big cities in the world at Midnight. Everyone is at home, or at their event, and it is nearly impossible to find a festive "drop in" location. By about 2am, people start coming out and go dancing, etc. I have no idea what goes on in Uruguay. I'll be in Santiago again, having bubbles w/friends looking out at the fireworks, once again at midnight that night
Old Nov 6, 2006, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by dominoda
Hey, looking for some ideas for new years. Im traveling with my buddy through argentina for a couple weeks, then want to head up to Punta Del Este for new years. 2 straight guys, 25 years old, is that a good spot to go? I don't know what its like down in BA/etc for New years...Here on the east coast, I buy a ticket, go to a club, drink until 4 or 5 am, go home/etc. Can you find stuff like that in Punta, or in BA? Anyone have experience with that kind of stuff? Thanks so much for your help! If any of you out there are gonna be down south around then, let me know, we are always down to meet up and party with people. Thanks for your help!
NYE is decent enough in PDP, but it's nowhere near as cheap as Buenos Aires and you might be paying big bucks to get in whereever you want to get in. (Make sure to have your accomodations booked and preferably have some kind of party place planned in advance of arrival.)

EZE is not so popular as PDP with the "in crowd" for NYE.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 3:42 pm
Suspended

For PDP you'll want a rental car or at least mopeds/motorcycles to get to the more popular places. Getting from where the Conrad Hotel in PDP is to La Barra, where most of the night scene is to be found, is not something any party animals would consider walkable. Even non-party animals wouldn't suggest walking it unless you have lots and lots of spare time.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 2:51 pm

Programs: IB Plat - Hilton Gold - Marriott Gold - IHG Ambassador
check www.baexpats.com for some extra info.
PDP is famous here in BA for the lovely girls, nice beaches and nice place.
Too crowded for me during high season (Dec 10-Mar 15) but nice anyways.
As they say, BA in NYE....is quite boring. No street parties...nothing going on really.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chejus
check www.baexpats.com for some extra info.
PDP is famous here in BA for the lovely girls, nice beaches and nice place.
Too crowded for me during high season (Dec 10-Mar 15) but nice anyways.
As they say, BA in NYE....is quite boring. No street parties...nothing going on really.
Thanks for the site. ^^

PDP hasn't been that busy between Dec. 10th and 23rd (although hotels might still be hard to come by) the last few years. I consider those earlier dates (particulary c. Dec. 15-23rd) to be a good time to go since it's not too crowded and the seasonal things are finally open/open longer. However, for those dates, it might be a bit cool, especially in the evening or if the breeze is blowing. (For me, that's perfect.) The downside is that the parties are not as happening until after Christmas. That is, after Christmas and for a few weeks after it gets quite busy on the party scene, which may be just what the thread-starting OP is seeking.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 6:44 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Please note that if you are serious about the Party Scene, Punta is open for full party season from Dec 26th until Jan 15th. After the second week of Jan is over, it goes downhill.... many things still going on in Jan but the crowd changes, in Feb the crowd changes again and by the last week of Feb things are basically dead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.