Fares to Buenos Aires

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fares to Buenos Aires

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2006, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Fares to Buenos Aires

I'm looking at a possible trip to Buenos Aires in late March, but the fares are making my mouth drop (since I'd be flying AA with my soon-to-be EXP status). UA & DL have fares starting at $1200 roundtrip, not counting a $170 fuel surcharge. AA's fares start at $1367.

Switching the seasons around, this seems like it would be the shoulder season where I would expect some cheaper fares to be available -- but I'm basing this on my knowledge of European fares, not South American ones.

Should I expect to see some deals for this time of year? If so, when would they likely be released?

Greg
Old Oct 9, 2006, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GregL
I'm looking at a possible trip to Buenos Aires in late March, but the fares are making my mouth drop (since I'd be flying AA with my soon-to-be EXP status). UA & DL have fares starting at $1200 roundtrip, not counting a $170 fuel surcharge. AA's fares start at $1367.

Switching the seasons around, this seems like it would be the shoulder season where I would expect some cheaper fares to be available -- but I'm basing this on my knowledge of European fares, not South American ones.

Should I expect to see some deals for this time of year? If so, when would they likely be released?

Greg
Late March is usually rather expensive for flights there. It can be cheaper to break the trip into two tickets.

(Personally, I've found fares between India and Argentina that provide better value as it allows for stopovers in Europe and/or the US in one or both directions, for around $1600.)
Old Oct 17, 2006, 8:32 am

Cool Fares

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Late March is usually rather expensive for flights there. It can be cheaper to break the trip into two tickets.

(Personally, I've found fares between India and Argentina that provide better value as it allows for stopovers in Europe and/or the US in one or both directions, for around $1600.)
I am looking for flights to EZE from LAX in January and return from GIG to LAX...YIKES! what an expensive way to go... Think I should just get a flight between EZE and GIG and back? I am new to this but have accumulated alot of miles on United and AA and can upgrade ... only way to fly
Thanks for any help...
Old Oct 17, 2006, 7:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hot shot
I am looking for flights to EZE from LAX in January and return from GIG to LAX...YIKES! what an expensive way to go... Think I should just get a flight between EZE and GIG and back? I am new to this but have accumulated alot of miles on United and AA and can upgrade ... only way to fly
Thanks for any help...
I would do it as two tickets and nest a ticket to Rio and back. (Doing it on different airlines is sometimes suggested, but in Latin America I do nested tickets all the time and never have an issue.) That is, two roundtrip tickets may be cheaper than a multi-city trip that doesn't involve backtracking.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 9:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75
The other option would be to call consolidators that specialize in South America. I can post a couple of phone #s tomorrow when I get to the office. They usually (not always) give me pretty decent deals. Go to BA, you are not going to be dissapointed.

Angel
Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Try BACC in NYC. I booked upgradeable fares on UA for $1065. The equivalent directly from the airline are $1500. They do have (limited) cheap fares in S/T class, which can't be upgraded.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gnaget
Try BACC in NYC. I booked upgradeable fares on UA for $1065. The equivalent directly from the airline are $1500. They do have (limited) cheap fares in S/T class, which can't be upgraded.
This http://bacctravel.com/index.html ?
Old Oct 24, 2006, 5:14 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
For those of the One World persuasion, the current point to point fares make the cost differential between a DONE4 and a DONE5 worth a very long thought.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Oct 24, 2006, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Correct. You can get online quotes from that site. I remember seeing non-stop fares like $600 something on the list on CO and other non-stop airlines out of IAD.

Bloody nightmare to deal with though. Need a copy of credit card and ID faxed to them. However, managed to give me W fare both ways even though it's W0 on the way back. How do they manage that? $1065 all-in while UA would charge me $1300+ for T/V fares, which would not be upgradeable on the outbond. I would be looking at $1500+ for W/V. BTW, I think they are one of the few that will get you a good price on UA either to Brazil or Argentina.

Last edited by gnaget; Oct 26, 2006 at 3:44 pm
Old Oct 26, 2006, 7:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75
Here is another site where you can get online quotes http://www.carbone-travel.com/
Sometimes they have good prices sometimes they don't but I think is worth to try.
Good luck,

Angel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.