Frequent Flyer Award Availability for US-EZE Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frequent Flyer Award Availability for US-EZE Flights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2006, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, Alitalia Confiscated iPod Club
thanks, will keep trying that one. NW phone agents say there's nothing, but I don't think they're trying very hard..
Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:51 am

Programs: UA Premier Executive and Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by rdg_dc
thanks, will keep trying that one. NW phone agents say there's nothing, but I don't think they're trying very hard..

Any success on the EZE routing?

Very curious.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 12:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, Alitalia Confiscated iPod Club
nothing at all.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 8:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
UA is not looking good as of late. And AA has gotten a lot tougher than it has been before.

And the rest .... well, more of the same.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
..... AA has gotten a lot tougher than it has been before....
I found and booked two seats MIA-EZE-MIA on AA ... only 40,000 miles each. I believe AA opens some seats for award booking, when they are not sold. Also, I recognized that AA has now two 777 MIA-EZE, some time ago only one 777 and one 767.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
LAN and TAM

Just nailed down 2 business class awards in January using AA miles from SFO. Flying down AA thru MIA (in domestic first), then on LAN via LIM and SCL to EZE. Return is EZE-GRU-MIA-SFO on TAM and AA. All flights are day flights.

Not bad considering it's a month out and I'm flying at peak season. A little circuitous but will be nice to sample premium cabins on other airlines (have heard good things) and the view of the Andes on the way down should be nice.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 2:03 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, UA 2P
I just scored a 90K Alaska Air business/first class redemption (with partner AA) EZE-MIA-SEA-ANC-ORD-MIA-EZE for late February '07
Old Dec 2, 2006, 2:48 pm

I scored 2 J/F awards JFK-GRU-EZE-JFK-BOS, TAM on the way down and AA F on the way back. Cost 125K, but worth it considering the dates, 12/26-1/2.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 2:50 pm

And there is a JFK-EZE Z class seat on 12/28 in case anyone wants a NYE trip
Old Dec 7, 2006, 1:39 am

In the past few months -- week before Thanksgiving to this past Sunday -- I've been paying rather close attention to coach award availability for US-Buenos Aires flights operated by the same airline whose miles are being used for the US-EZE non-stop segment. I looked at award space availability for the two-month period beginning with the "following day" on just the US-EZE non-stop. This was looked at from an "elite" account standpoint and non-elite account standpoint with only 1 passenger redeeming miles.

What I found was that AA was consistently the easiest for US-EZE redemptions. United was second. Continental was third. And Delta was in last place. Those findings held true for each airline respectively regardless of status.

I am personally very disappointed in DL's being a award ticket miser on ATL-EZE coach tickets.

Any one here done something similar for business/businesselite/businessfirst class award space? What did you find?

I have two United biz awards coming up this March SFO/IAD/EZE and returning GIG/GRU/SFO. Catch? I had to book it in June of this year and I had to get standard awards. 300,000 miles. Ouch!
Old Dec 7, 2006, 7:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by powlan
I have two United biz awards coming up this March SFO/IAD/EZE and returning GIG/GRU/SFO. Catch? I had to book it in June of this year and I had to get standard awards. 300,000 miles. Ouch!
I hope you have been looking for award space in the "saver category" frequently between when you made your booking and until actual date of travel. If space opens up (or had opened up), it would be worth the award ticket cancellation and new expedite/telephone award booking fees since you'd then save a good number of miles.

United has apparently become much more of a pain for EZE than it used to be 8-12 months ago. Last I inquired, the gap in award space availability between AA and UA has widened.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 12:45 pm

I hope you have been looking for award space in the "saver category" frequently between when you made your booking and until actual date of travel. If space opens up (or had opened up), it would be worth the award ticket cancellation and new expedite/telephone award booking fees since you'd then save a good number of miles.

United has apparently become much more of a pain for EZE than it used to be 8-12 months ago. Last I inquired, the gap in award space availability between AA and UA has widened.
For a couple of months I tried and sometimes they'd have one coach and one biz sometimes two coach, Sometimes I'd have to go on another date, sometimes two stops, sometimes change of planes with a short connection time etc. Finally I just became complacent figuring that you win some, lose some. Trying to find upgrades was (for me) nada. Hated to spend all those churned cc, financial stuff, mileage mall, HELOC, but...we wanted to go to Buenos Aires. Maybe the bonds and gift cards will come back.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 1:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by powlan
For a couple of months I tried and sometimes they'd have one coach and one biz sometimes two coach, Sometimes I'd have to go on another date, sometimes two stops, sometimes change of planes with a short connection time etc. Finally I just became complacent figuring that you win some, lose some. Trying to find upgrades was (for me) nada. Hated to spend all those churned cc, financial stuff, mileage mall, HELOC, but...we wanted to go to Buenos Aires. Maybe the bonds and gift cards will come back.
I'd probably have tried a Coupon Connection-type transaction to get two biz class frequent flyer award tickets using miles from another program in exchange for award tickets from the UA account. Flying AA or LAN or TAM down there probably would have worked out cheaper with some kind of mutually beneficial miles savings possible.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 12:53 am

I'd probably have tried a Coupon Connection-type transaction to get two biz class frequent flyer award tickets using miles from another program in exchange for award tickets from the UA account. Flying AA or LAN or TAM down there probably would have worked out cheaper with some kind of mutually beneficial miles savings possible.
I didn't have enough posts to use Coupon Connection but I suppose that if I waited I may have used fewer miles and gotten cheap tix. I forgot two of the big guidelines of FF. Research and patience.

ent and antsy. I forgot two of the major rules of FF. Research and patience. Next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.