Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2024, 1:05 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by Zorak
IMO this is a pretty weird reading -- the next sentence was "Hotel can recommend place to exchange at blue rate."

i.e. "take USD cash, as an alternative to WU" and not "take USD cash to WU, as an alternative"
Maybe a short circuit in my mind. It was my first time ever doing anything with Western Union and my brain kept trying to call it Best Western.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 7:52 am

Duplicate response.

Last edited by PSPandBA; Feb 13, 2024 at 7:55 am Reason: Duplicate
Old Feb 13, 2024, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Is PSP your hometown? If so, Zorak is hosting an event there in early March..

BTW, I understood your original language… I interpreted why send yourself money in advance with WU when you could exchange USD$ fairly simple at Blue
Thanks for the tip, but I’m in BA until April
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TBD
I agree 5 days in Mendoza is long. Vineyards are 45-90 mins from the city and Mendoza isn't that interesting. I found more (and nicer) wine bars in BA than in Mendoza.

If you aren't visiting BA on your way back to the USA, you might consider avoiding the EZE/GRU connection altogether with MDZ-PTY-NYC on Copa. PTY is very easy.

I used Western Union. Wire money to yourself a week before you plan to pick it up. I needed/used cash, but credit cards are widely accepted and the USD credit card rate is good enough. Go to WU first thing in the morning as I've heard that some offices run out of cash. I waited about 90 mins to pick up $. Bring a bag to put it in.
If you want to spend more time in Mendoza, rent a car and head down to more tranquil San Rafael, three hours south in the province. There you can combine wine with outdoor activities, like river rafting (which are dirt cheap by int'l standards now).

ersonally, I get bored with wine tasting after a day or two, and I dislike how Mendoza has now moved from quick free tastings to elaborate, lengthy (and paid) winery tours. I want to try the wine, but get tired of winery tours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.