Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
LAN doesn't fly EZE/DFW. Are you on an AA codeshare?
via MIA. MIA-DFW is on AA metal.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:37 pm

I was wondering if anyone has a good tailor in BA? I will be visiting in June and would like to have a suit made.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 1:43 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by clemsontiger
I was wondering if anyone has a good tailor in BA? I will be visiting in June and would like to have a suit made.
I hate to burst your bubble, but Buenos Aires isn't a very good location to have a suit tailored. Not because the workmanship is bad, but its all about the cloth. The only materials that are worth using are imported, and these are not easy for tailors to purchase and if they have some in stock or can procure some, it is very expensive because its all imported.

Unless you bring your own cloth and have someone reliable to tailor for you... IMHO I would pass on the idea.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:05 am

A quick report on my quick turn in EZE:
Arrived at 9:00 for the 10:45 LAN flight, and I was in the Salon VIP by 9:15. No check-in, security, or immigration lines at all. Apparently, sometimes EZE can be rather easy.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jankles
A quick report on my quick turn in EZE:
Arrived at 9:00 for the 10:45 LAN flight, and I was in the Salon VIP by 9:15. No check-in, security, or immigration lines at all. Apparently, sometimes EZE can be rather easy.
Yes I've experienced this as well.....always when there are no big long hauls leaving though.
Old May 8, 2013, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
terminal connections

Is it possible to walk between Terminal A and Terminal C for international arriving flights? I'm flying DL into EZE (Terminal A), but I would like to use the VIP Condor lounge (Terminal C) after I arrive and before my return on DL to the U.S.. I can't seem to find any detailed maps of EZE online that show all terminals, and the EZE website does not say anything about connections.
Old May 8, 2013, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by trek87
Is it possible to walk between Terminal A and Terminal C for international arriving flights? I'm flying DL into EZE (Terminal A), but I would like to use the VIP Condor lounge (Terminal C) after I arrive and before my return on DL to the U.S.. I can't seem to find any detailed maps of EZE online that show all terminals, and the EZE website does not say anything about connections.
All int'l arrivals are filtered right to immigration, unless you have a connecting international flight, in which case you'll go through transit security. I do believe that all A and B arrivals are going directly to the new immigration facility, which (I think) is located at the foot of the new B.
Old May 8, 2013, 8:01 pm

All int'l arrivals are filtered right to immigration, unless you have a connecting international flight, in which case you'll go through transit security. I do believe that all A and B arrivals are going directly to the new immigration facility, which (I think) is located at the foot of the new B.
Can one walk (post-immigration) to Terminal C landside afterwards? I'm not sure if the VIP Condor lounge is landside or airside, and I'm looking to use the lounge upon arrival.
Old May 8, 2013, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Can one walk (post-immigration) to Terminal C landside afterwards? I'm not sure if the VIP Condor lounge is landside or airside, and I'm looking to use the lounge upon arrival.
VIP Condor Lounge is airside C Terminal near Gate 16.. Safe Travels
Old May 8, 2013, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

None of the airline lounges are landside. You only have access if you are departing on an int'l flight.
Old May 8, 2013, 9:27 pm

carrying American dollars out of Argentina

On my next trip to Argentina I will be bringing in a lot of extra U.S. currency, because I really have no idea how much I'll be spending, and this makes it likely that I will be carrying a lot of dollars with me on leaving the country. Now, the Argentine government's attitude regarding hard currency leaving the country is getting so overwrought that it makes me think I would be wise to have proof that I brought the cash with me on entering Argentina. If you declare cash on entry, do they give you a receipt that you can use later to prove you brought the cash in with you when entering the country?
Old May 8, 2013, 10:03 pm

None of the airline lounges are landside. You only have access if you are departing on an int'l flight.
Can I use a lounge airside in Terminal C if my flight departs from Terminal A?
Old May 9, 2013, 10:04 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by kellrobinson
On my next trip to Argentina I will be bringing in a lot of extra U.S. currency, because I really have no idea how much I'll be spending, and this makes it likely that I will be carrying a lot of dollars with me on leaving the country. Now, the Argentine government's attitude regarding hard currency leaving the country is getting so overwrought that it makes me think I would be wise to have proof that I brought the cash with me on entering Argentina. If you declare cash on entry, do they give you a receipt that you can use later to prove you brought the cash in with you when entering the country?
As long as you enter with less than ten thousand Dollars, you need not declare anything. The same applies when you leave the country. Should my first statement be your case, then I would suggest you not bring attention to yourself by trying to declare anything. You will be spending money here so you will leave with less than you arrived, so once again, there is nothing to worry about upon departure.
Old May 9, 2013, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kellrobinson
O. If you declare cash on entry, do they give you a receipt that you can use later to prove you brought the cash in with you when entering the country?
You will be brought to a private room, the funds will be counted, and paperwork will be completed. In the event that you travel with $10K+, make sure you fill out the customs declaration properly, and if they try and wave you through, insist that the form is taken if there is any chance that you will also be leaving with $10K+

If you come in with less than 10K there is nothing to declare.
Old May 9, 2013, 9:34 pm

Can I use a lounge airside in Terminal C if my flight departs from Terminal A?
Does anyone know the answer to this please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.