Borders open 1st November

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Borders open 1st November

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2021, 12:04 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
In your case why don’t you ex USA? You can do a mileage positioning flight or revenue OW, to get to the states and then purchase RTs originating in USA. If you travel often enough it may make sense
Great point.... I need to get out of frequent flyer retirement and get serious !! Thanks for giving me a kick-start !!

Old Oct 5, 2021, 2:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DL seems to be operating its ATL-EZE and vv nonstop a couple days a week, on the A330-300. DL is also offering codeshares with AR through JFK; I think this is new. Fares (showing as refundable) seem to start around $4000 and go to over $16,000 (for the DL flights) for business class RTs for some random dates in mid-November.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
DL seems to be operating its ATL-EZE and vv nonstop a couple days a week, on the A330-300. DL is also offering codeshares with AR through JFK; I think this is new. Fares (showing as refundable) seem to start around $4000 and go to over $16,000 (for the DL flights) for business class RTs for some random dates in mid-November.
Cheat code for this is to try to get to BOG for cheap and a redemption on AV for the non stop to EZE. Outside of that not seeing any saver space really being opened to EZE.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 3:00 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
With the new deadline for newly (further) relaxed restrictions now pushed forward to October 19th, it seems that things are moving back to normal at a somewhat faster pace.....
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 4:52 pm

I hope with this reopening that DL goes daily from ATL and maybe Emirates returns
Old Oct 13, 2021, 12:06 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by deltatrav
I hope with this reopening that DL goes daily from ATL and maybe Emirates returns
With Emirates are they still flying to GIG now? I know the flight to EZE came from GIG as a whatever number freedom flight.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 7:18 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Cheat code for this is to try to get to BOG for cheap and a redemption on AV for the non stop to EZE. Outside of that not seeing any saver space really being opened to EZE.
DL's typically been the worse of the US3 lot for my US-EZE award travel pricing on their own metal for at least the past ten years. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case going forward too.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:13 pm

Duplicate
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
DL's typically been the worse of the US3 lot for my US-EZE award travel pricing on their own metal for at least the past ten years. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case going forward too.
Yes they are the worst. Almost worth taking LA to GRU and finding a separate cheap award say on GOL. I will say the buy up to J on an economy ticket on DL is consistently cheap. I have used DL miles for an economy one way and got a $499 offer for D1.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Yes they are the worst. Almost worth taking LA to GRU and finding a separate cheap award say on GOL. I will say the buy up to J on an economy ticket on DL is consistently cheap. I have used DL miles for an economy one way and got a $499 offer for D1.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Great if you're not checking bags. Not keen on going landside and dealing with local tramites which include entry and exit procedures at any South America connection point.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Great if you're not checking bags. Not keen on going landside and dealing with local tramites which include entry and exit procedures at any South America connection point.
Not the case in BOG and GRU, seamless transfer INTL to INTL. In fact it’s just a security check. Done so many times.. Why would checking bags change things if they are checked through?
Old Oct 14, 2021, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Not the case in BOG and GRU, seamless transfer INTL to INTL. In fact it’s just a security check. Done so many times.. Why would checking bags change things if they are checked through?
If you can find a LATAM agent that will check bags through on separate itineraries, and especially on separate airlines, I'll show you a LATAM agent that will probably be fired. Same PNR, not a problem. They won't even check through on OneWorld premium travel. I once spent a couple of hours, landside @ SCL, after having gone through SCL immigration and customs, with lots of luggage waiting for the AA check in counters to open, and nowhere to hang out.
Flying Machine and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
If you can find a LATAM agent that will check bags through on separate itineraries, and especially on separate airlines, I'll show you a LATAM agent that will probably be fired. Same PNR, not a problem. They won't even check through on OneWorld premium travel. I once spent a couple of hours, landside @ SCL, after having gone through SCL immigration and customs, with lots of luggage waiting for the AA check in counters to open, and nowhere to hang out.
I see your point I’m always on the same PNR or at least on star alliance, and the time I didn’t fly star I didn’t check. Sometimes I even bring boxes of wine, I guess I’m lucky
Old Oct 14, 2021, 9:51 pm

Yeah having to wait hours upon hours to recheck bags at the other airlines counter can be a pain especially at GRU when often you would arrive early and have to wait until the late afternoon for the desk to open for an evening flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.